Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone reccommend a folding dog crate please?

(10 Posts)
katymac Thu 23-Feb-17 20:52:54

It needs to be about 2 ft tall & I assumed about 3 ft by maybe 3 or 4 ft

& do they all have a solid base/tray?

It's not for a dog so I don't really know what I'm doing grin

tabulahrasa Thu 23-Feb-17 21:00:40

They all fold...

And what's it for? I'm nosy, lol

katymac Thu 23-Feb-17 21:04:35

Do they? That's good

The cat is coming on a camper van holiday & I thought a dog crate would be good for hime to travel in (with his food/water/bed/litter) - I know I'm a bit daft

tabulahrasa Thu 23-Feb-17 21:10:29

Ah right...

You might not want one big enough to fit quite all that in...they get quite tall as they get bigger, so they take up a lot of room.

But yeah, metal ones all fold and have solid floors and you can get them pretty cheap on eBay and Amazon - they'll have dimensions on too.

katymac Thu 23-Feb-17 21:15:24

well we won't be using the space when we are driving & we can flat pack it as soon as we stop

He needs to be comphy

Bubble2bubble Thu 23-Feb-17 21:16:40

I've had this one from Argos - might be the sort of size you need. ( I had puppies in it though! )
Easy to put up and down with a solid plastic tray base.

tabulahrasa Thu 23-Feb-17 21:20:32

Oh I didn't mean get a tiny one, just it's easy to underestimate how big they are, lol...I have a 46" (xxl) crate for a Rottweiler, because that was the recommended size - both him and my 6 ft 3 son can fit in it together, rofl.

And it takes up vast amounts of space because the height matches the size of it.

But I'd think a medium or large would do you smile

katymac Thu 23-Feb-17 21:23:44

Probably yes; we will be doinga lot of travelling with him & I really want him to be comfy - I do spoil him

LaGattaNera Fri 24-Feb-17 07:33:21

I got one at Halfords - similar to and cheaper than those at pet shops think I paid £25 for similar size a couple years ago ie big enough for a staffie - put something soft on the base and dead comfy and folds flat only 2 or 3 inches high

katymac Fri 24-Feb-17 19:31:02

Thanks i'll have a look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now