Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had experience of boarding dogs in their home?

(6 Posts)
AgathaF Thu 23-Feb-17 19:33:40

Just that really. We're thinking of doing this. Have approached a couple of franchises that have 'carers' that they use, so that we can register to be carers. Dogs stay whilst their owners are on holiday etc, so from a few days to a couple of weeks.

I just wondered if anyone had tried this and what their experiences were?

squeak10 Thu 23-Feb-17 23:03:23

Yes, we do , dc would love a dog but due to life style during term time would be unfair on the dog. We have other people's dogs for school holidays. Kids love it, I love it and dh as we get best of both worlds. Even take some of them on holiday with ussmilesmile

AgathaF Fri 24-Feb-17 07:20:42

That's nice to know speak. Do you need to have any particular insurance for it?

LilCamper Fri 24-Feb-17 07:50:51

Some councils require you to be licensed and you need insurance too.

LilCamper Fri 24-Feb-17 08:08:43

This is a good place to start NARPS

AgathaF Fri 24-Feb-17 10:36:44

Thanks for the link Lil. I did know about the council license, but I was told yesterday by someone that does this that you don't need any insurance, which I found a bit odd. I've seen that you can get dog boarding type insurance, but just wondered what others had/did. Personally, I think it's a bit of a risk not having it - escaping dog, dog biting the postman etc, all spring to mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now