Talk

Advanced search

50-60 mph and I've still got to take the feckers out

(35 Posts)
hmcAsWas Thu 23-Feb-17 07:46:00

Ddogs won't give me any peace otherwise sad

hmcAsWas Thu 23-Feb-17 07:46:32

That should read 50-60mph gusts of wind (doh!)

TobleroneBoo Thu 23-Feb-17 07:49:59

I just thought your dogs could run incredibly fast grin

atheistmantis Thu 23-Feb-17 07:50:55

Good luck

MissRainbowBrite Thu 23-Feb-17 07:51:29

In our house DH does the early morning walk - lucky him!
Our dippy spaniel loves the wind though, makes her ears flap more!
Hoping it calms down later on when me and 5 yr old DD do the field walk.

Rumtopf Thu 23-Feb-17 07:52:44

Me too, although just the one dog for now. Stupid creature is dancing a jig as he didn't go out yesterday evening (it was absolutely pouring with rain and I've buggered my knee).
He doesn't even like the wind so will be a skittish nightmare dragging me along or he'll have to wear one of my skiing snoods over his head and ears. Fgs.

Toooldtobearsed Thu 23-Feb-17 07:53:43

Took mine out at 5am for a good long run - so glad i did, it is pounding down here now!

They will start mithering at 9am for their next walk, but if this keeps up, they can bugger off. Have filled and frozen kongs, they will have to make do with those for todays entertainment.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Thu 23-Feb-17 07:55:17

The hound went out the door this morning and promptly turned around and shot back to the sofa. She had to be evicted to go for a pee. hmm

SquedgieBeckenheim Thu 23-Feb-17 07:56:01

I'm hoping by the time my grumpy old man dog deigns to get out of bed the torrential rain will have stopped! I don't mind the wind so much, just the rain. He likes a longer walk when the weather is bad! He's old, but still loves his walk.

blueskyinmarch Thu 23-Feb-17 08:03:26

M dog walking buddy has bailed on me this morning. I don't think her dogs mind missing a walk but mine will be getting antsy soon. I think she will be getting a quick hurtle rather than a leisurely stroll.

HemanOrSheRa Thu 23-Feb-17 08:08:55

My little JRT went out for her early morning wee at 6am. It was so windy she came hurtling back in, went back to bed and stayed there. She's not budging!

blueskyinmarch Thu 23-Feb-17 09:38:14

I have braved the hoolie and survived. Very wet but still in one piece. Do i get a bravery medal?

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Thu 23-Feb-17 09:42:32

I had to heave-ho both the dogsfaces out for a wee at 7am once the door was open and they realised it was lashing wind and rain

and am currently getting the massive sad-eye as they saw me filling the wood basket but I haven't yet lit the fire

They are both lazy arsed wusses! SO glad they won't want a walk today.

Medeci Thu 23-Feb-17 10:56:54

There's an amber warning, ie risk of death/injury from things being blown about, so dogs won't be getting a walk today. They might consider their walk an "essential journey" worth me risking my life for, but I don't.

Floralnomad Thu 23-Feb-17 11:48:29

Not too bad here just very gusty but dog is currently sunning himself in the conservatory . On days I can't walk him , which are rare , I play ball on the stairs with him , wears him out nicely and I just sit at the bottom .

BiteyShark Thu 23-Feb-17 12:10:08

The wind didn't bother me but I didn't feel very safe waking amongst the trees hoping no branches fall on me sad

atheistmantis Thu 23-Feb-17 12:12:01

All this talk of braving the hoolie makes me think of an irate Miss Hoolie from Balamory - whatever has annoyed her so much?

ImBrian Thu 23-Feb-17 13:27:33

We did a 30 minute ball throw/swim on the beach at 10ish but it wasn't that bad. It's now chucking it down so they're happy lounging about for now.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 23-Feb-17 15:17:08

We managed to get out in the one hour of sunshine this morning. Just as well because I wouldn't be walking out now. Am going to drive down to the school to get the dcs. It's only a five minute walk.

My boy has to be evicted to go for a wee too. Then he minces around the path until he absolutely has to set paw on the grass and have a wee. Yet he loves a walk. Just doesn't seem to like the garden. He'd rather hold it in than go out and have a wee. Don't know how he does it.

hmcAsWas Thu 23-Feb-17 15:40:43

Just got back from their afternoon walk - very blowy indeed. Chose a spot where the trees are mostly of the fir variety with nothing too big and heavy to fall on me .... Earache from the wind sad

Last week when reading the 'how often do you walk your dogs' thread some bloody farmer's wife made me question myself for only walking my working breed dog (and his little Heinz 57 sister) for 2 hours per day (hers apparently our out for hours with her farmer dh, often go for a run later with her and presumably pump iron and do squats when not doing that hmm).....Well today, when arriving at the all but abandoned car park at the local beauty spot - which normally has a dozen cars in it - I considered myself dedicated enough!!!

foofooyeah Thu 23-Feb-17 21:13:27

It was v windy where I live. Set off to go round a lake but bits of trees falling off so diverted to local racecourse where there are no trees ..... but damn it was blowy, but quite enjoyable.

missyB1 Thu 23-Feb-17 21:16:19

Our mini schnauzer nearly got blown away on her walk grin
She didn't quite know what to make of it all, she kept lying down!

CrazyGreyhoundLady Thu 23-Feb-17 21:21:10

I have just dragged my two out. They barked at the wind and lay down howling when I finally got them out of the house this morning. Just taken them out in their fleece jammies plus a warm waterproof coat- and the second they had gone toilet they started trying to drag me back to the house. Any suggestions on how to get them to actually walk in it?

Hoppinggreen Thu 23-Feb-17 21:46:13

My boy is usually very demanding about his walks but he had an op that went wrong last week and is on bed rest - every cloud and all that!!

hmcAsWas Fri 24-Feb-17 08:51:14

Poor dog Hoppinggreen - I hope he feels better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now