Talk

Advanced search

Dog eaten a French stick....

(11 Posts)
Eliza22 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:14:46

That's it. She ate half of a long French stick. Dry. Do I need to do anything? Do I feed her her dinner this evening? Do I need to worry about bloat? She stole it out of the shopping bag and was half way through it in the garden, when I discovered it and her, missing.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:16:16

Should be ok I think. People feed toast to their dogs as a treat! Plenty of water on hand?

Eliza22 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:21:49

Yes. Plenty of water. Should I give her a little bit of her dinner or nothing? She's mooching about me as if to say "where's my dinner, then?"

Eliza22 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:22:39

She's 21 months so, fully grown.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:23:41

I probably would give her maybe just some of it, just to keep her in her routine if nothing else.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:24:37

I'm not a total dog expert btw, that's just what I would do with my two!

reup Wed 22-Feb-17 19:27:07

Mine found one in the park once - it was one of the happiest days of his life. We just carried on feeding him as usual. It beats some of the other disgusting and dangerous things he scavenges.

Eliza22 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:30:43

😊 Thanks

Noitsnotteatimeyet Wed 22-Feb-17 19:30:45

Our dog would think he'd died and gone to heaven hmm - he loves bread and especially croissants.... unfortunately bread doesn't love him and he farts disgustingly for several hours afterwards, but no other ill-effects

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 22-Feb-17 19:40:25

i'd probably give half supper and a lecture about the evils of stealing and the necessity of nice manners.

Dh is aways coming into the kitchen and asking who i am talking to...it's not always lectures, sometimes it's conversational ponderings about whothefuck managed to load the dishwasher and leave a cup, a plate and three teaspoons on the side...that's when dh makes a hasty exit.

Eliza22 Wed 22-Feb-17 20:45:26

Have just given her a small amount of her dinner. She's stopped mooching and having a snooze. I passed on the lecture 😄 She knows she was a bad dog as each time I got close to her, she ran off with it lagging behind her and giving me "whale eye" bigtime!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now