Talk

Advanced search

Girls humping each other

(7 Posts)
teenybean Tue 21-Feb-17 12:45:56

Hello, I have two female dogs, (mother & daughter) muma is 7, daughter is 4, they've always been together, & we've never had any problems, until today.

They are both unspayed, daughter came into season just over a week ago, now the muma has come into season too (this is their first season together) today, the daughter keeps humping the mum, when I tell them off, they walk away from each other then the mum grumbles & whines & shoves her bum in the air, then the daughter runs back over & mounts her again! They spend most of their time in their beds in the kitchen (their choice, also they have a bed each, but prefer to stay in one together), well I've just gone in there & they both looked at me shocked & their bed is soaked & it's not wee! It's clear, but it's definitely not wee!!!!

What the hell is the liquid? Do I even want to know? Why have they just started doing this? I'm 23 weeks pregnant & it's making me feel very very sick! Please help

LilCamper Tue 21-Feb-17 12:56:15

Their hormones will be all over the place! As long as they aren't getting annoyed with each other it is perfectly natural behaviour. Dogs are gross sometimes.

teenybean Tue 21-Feb-17 13:14:40

Is the liquid just like girl dog squirt? I thought after having my girls for so long I'd know what was happening with them, but this has never happened before & completely thrown me!
They had a massive fight about 2 years ago & they had to be separated for about 2 weeks, but then they were fine when we put them back together, & they really missed each other when separated, we don't really have the space to separate them now, so I hope they won't fight again! I'm really worried about them!

pigsDOfly Tue 21-Feb-17 13:30:22

Humping isn't confined to males, my spayed female humps her favourite toy from time to time.

Females in season will be looking for someone to mate with, I imagine in this situation it's just a case of who is nearby and willing.

Genuine question, why have you got two unspayed bitches?

wishparry Tue 21-Feb-17 13:31:51

Our bitch used to hump people all the time!
as soon as she was spayed she stopped.

Shriek Tue 21-Feb-17 19:27:13

spaying won't stop it necessarily.. spayed bitches hump, entire bitches hump, some boys hump everything in site, others don't, neutered boys like to hump too. Its just a dog thing and two bitches can't do each other any harm, just keep a watch whilst hormones so intense that one isn't pissing the other off and it lead to retaliation met with aggression, as it can get pretty heated with randy bitches! I have three randy at the moment, only one in season currently (tail end) and two spayed, its the two spayed that are doing all the humping! If you want to get them out of the habit exercise and games to distract and separate when they start, but don't chastise, just separate quietly by calling them with a treat or something. I have no problems with it... it wears them out!

Shriek Tue 21-Feb-17 19:27:39

*sight doh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now