Talk

Advanced search

Dog learning bad behaviour from other dogs?

(2 Posts)
BrickInTheWall Thu 16-Feb-17 12:48:43

Im not sure if this is possible but my Bichon Frises behaviour has been going downhill since we had two other dogs stay with us for two months just over a year ago. She seems to have picked up some of their bad behaviour and I dont know what to do to help!
She is 5yrs old and before they stayed she was well behaved. Now she barks at people passing the garden, steals food from the kids, is out of control energetic whenever anyone comes into the house and goes crazy at the postman. This has culminated in her nipping the postmans finger on saturday as he was posting letters into our house.
She is crate trained and when people are over if you take her over to her bed she will mostly calm down but she is too excitable to listen to any commands.
I had asked the vet about behaviourists but to be honest they are far more expensive than I can afford and hoping to find a solution I can do myself!
We got her at about age 2 and her previous owners had taken her to puppy training. She is good at walking on lead and listening to commands if its just us in the house.
Hope Ive put enough information! Please help!

Noitsnotteatimeyet Fri 17-Feb-17 07:51:16

If you're on Facebook, join the Dog Training Advice and Support Group - the admins are properly qualified behaviourists and really know what they're talking about.

I know they're a bit swamped with questions at the moment so you might have a little wait for an answer but they have been incredibly helpful when I've had any issues with my dog

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now