Talk

Advanced search

Miserable after spay

(8 Posts)
Mrsladybirdface Mon 13-Feb-17 17:22:47

My lovely happy dog is so depressed after her spay. We are on post op day 4 and she has just sat in her bed looking sorry for herself all day. She's been for a check up today and the vet thinks it's just behavioural rather than illness.
She doesn't want to go outside, though happy enough with a short walk round the block.

Anyone else's dog been similar? Everything I've read says back to normal after a day or two.

arbrighton Mon 13-Feb-17 19:17:12

ours was pretty out of it for two or three days then a few days when still sore

Was it keyhole or 'normal'?

KinkyAfro Mon 13-Feb-17 20:54:50

Well I'd probably be feeling down after major surgery, it's only been a few days

Mrsladybirdface Mon 13-Feb-17 22:16:45

Normal surgery. I was expecting her to be a bit down and grumpy but it's more extreme than I thought.

Dogs and their sad eye smile

Lesley1980 Mon 13-Feb-17 22:20:12

Our dog sat in her basket for a week giving us dirty looks. Would only move for a bit of chicken & then go back to her basket & stare at us like she was going to murder us in our sleep.

GooseyLoosey Mon 13-Feb-17 22:23:27

Oh god. Due to have our lovely pup spayed soon and now am afraid that she will never "speak" to us again.

alleypalley Mon 13-Feb-17 22:31:19

Oh dear. Our lovely girl is going in tomorrow for her op. I'll make sure I've got some nice treats in for her.

Mrsladybirdface Mon 13-Feb-17 22:38:53

Thanks Lesley1980...that's what I wanted to hear grin assume she loves you again now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now