Talk

Advanced search

Advocate.

(8 Posts)
Wolfiefan Fri 10-Feb-17 19:08:29

If you use this can I ask how frequently? We do cats every calendar month. When we took pup to vets they seemed to be suggesting every four weeks. Which is right?
I would normally look at the packet but they just gave me a single dose with no instruction/info leaflet.

Wolfiefan Fri 10-Feb-17 19:56:17

Bumping for fear of potential giant fleabag!!! grin

dudsville Fri 10-Feb-17 19:58:52

Ah. I do the 1st of every month.

Wolfiefan Fri 10-Feb-17 20:00:22

Phew. I did wonder if they were trying to get us to buy it more frequently than was necessary. I don't want to dose her too frequently. But I don't want her unprotected either. (Stress much more about puppy dog than cats. I've had cats for years but this is my first dog.)

dudsville Fri 10-Feb-17 20:02:08

I admit I do it for ease. I don't know the answer. But it's only a few days.

Wolfiefan Fri 10-Feb-17 20:03:27

I have long done the same for the cats. I think part of my issue is this pup is HUGE! I wouldn't want her getting fleas or worms as I had underdosed her.

dudsville Fri 10-Feb-17 21:54:44

I think so long as you have the right one for her weight you'll be fine. When I was new to dogs I once phoned vet as I took my girl to the groomer a day or two after the advoca and only realised it after and worried I might need to put more on. vet said it was fine.

user1468957349 Sat 11-Feb-17 06:51:50

My vets won't prescribed for more than once per calendar month. I do mine on the first too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now