Talk

Advanced search

Is there anything a dog won't eat?

(36 Posts)
weegiemum Tue 07-Feb-17 17:51:47

I know theres stuff they shouldnt eat, but the only thing our dog has not tried to eat is other dogs' poo.

He eats all human food, preferably before the carefully chosen doggy delicacies we have. This afternoon he tried to eat a broccoli stem, a shallot and managed to make off with half a bag of cheese and onion crisps that I was not eating, no no I'm on a diet .

What does your dog try to make off with?

Ours is an 8 month old Labradoodle.

LilCamper Tue 07-Feb-17 17:52:41

They tend to not like citrus.

Florin Tue 07-Feb-17 17:55:01

Ours will eat absolutely everything apart from raw mushroom, they even beg for a bit of satsuma. I gave them their worming pills yesterday without any cover up just told them it was a treat and they woofed it down.

Poppypooch Tue 07-Feb-17 18:12:55

Mine eat everything, somethings clearly not good for them, today it was paper towel which I had used to clean grill pan out with, dirty beasts they had however left the paper towel, don't know how they managed that trick!!!
Their favorite is carrot. Wormed mine today too florin I disguised it in a sardine as they are very suspicious when I offer them a piece of cheese (previous worm tablet carrier)

Squeezed Tue 07-Feb-17 18:17:00

Mine ate her own poo today and then vomited over the house. Then ate that. Currently at the vets. Dogs are disgusting!

Poppypooch Tue 07-Feb-17 18:22:11

squeezed I feel your pain I have a serial poo eater, tried everything to stop him but nothing works apart from doing a Usain Bolt impersonation and getting to it before he does grin

BestIsWest Tue 07-Feb-17 18:25:01

Ours likes satsuma and regards broccoli as a special treat. He spits peas out though.

FortunaMajor Tue 07-Feb-17 18:29:13

Mine is quite partial to cherry tomatoes and considers them exclusively hers. If she sees anyone eating them they get stink eye of the highest intensity. I do buy a second punnet as we get through them quite quickly with her around.

moomoogalicious Tue 07-Feb-17 18:30:13

Another one who likes satsumas, broccoli and carrots. Also partial to horse manure and his own vomit

monkeyfacegrace Tue 07-Feb-17 18:30:21

Mine won't eat anything. I envy this problem. She's skin and bone and just has no interest in food hmm

Ceaser1981 Tue 07-Feb-17 18:35:03

Medicine have to hide those in cheese, unles its a tasty metacalm syringe

Champers4Pampers Tue 07-Feb-17 18:36:33

My dog eats cat shit & her own vomit.

She won't eat bananas.

PossumInAPearTree Tue 07-Feb-17 18:44:50

My dog will eat anything.

Cat shit, dog shit, any type of vomit. Eats any type of food including the usual human food which a dog will eat such as meat but also eats,

Apple
Cucumber
Sprouts
Pear
Banana
In fact any type of fruit or veg
Bagels
Toast
Lasagne
Spaghetti bolognase
Chilli
Pizza

She's obsessed by food and has dh wrapped round her little finger.

yearofthehorse Tue 07-Feb-17 18:47:10

The single thing she's turned down is olives.

PlayingGrownUp Tue 07-Feb-17 18:49:00

Mongrel eats sausages and bacon and his dog food.

But treat wise?

If it's not a pedigree smacko he won't touch it.

P1nkP0ppy Tue 07-Feb-17 18:53:18

We had a rescue pooch who not only ate everything listed above but also calf poo, rotting fruit/veg, chip pan fat, raw spuds etc
She was an incurable thief too - brought back a freshly cooked, hot leg of lamb one day.... and an intact rib roast another!

PuraVida Tue 07-Feb-17 19:00:24

Everything except cucumber

fitflopqueen Tue 07-Feb-17 19:14:59

Mine won't go near dog/cat poo but partial to horse/sheep/duck poo.

Dislikes kibble dog food/loves the cats dry food and anything else he sniffs first.

Dislikes raw or scrambled egg but happy if egg is on toast from your plate, also loves peanut butter or jam on toast scraps, dislikes porridge/weetabix.
Loves her raw meat and most raw veg.

imthelastsplash Tue 07-Feb-17 19:19:51

My JRT eats everything but celery and olives - she goes crazy for iceberg lettuce and loves licking the drain mmmmm.

When she was young I rushed her to the vets because she was foaming at the mouth and panting - she'd eaten a frog and was fine - vet commented that at least she wouldn't do it again. She eats about 20 a year and froths and pants EVERY time. She's a dickhead!

weegiemum Wed 08-Feb-17 15:15:54

Glad its not just ours!

Today he has scavenged the leftover bit of chicken & broccoli bake I'd left on the worktop, 3 bits of satsuma (I thought I'd try it) and a whole satsuma peel which he had to take into the garden, he was that excited!

And its only lunchtime.

Bubble2bubble Wed 08-Feb-17 15:26:16

No, there is nothing Ddog3 won't eat.
Human poo is particularly sought after though.

Bluebell9 Wed 08-Feb-17 15:50:11

My old dog ate anything and everything - he ended up very ill at the vet after raiding a builders van, who was working at our house, and eating something nasty.
He loved corn on the cob and used to lie with it between his paws and delicately eat the corn!

My new puppy loves everything except puppy food!

missyB1 Wed 08-Feb-17 15:54:43

Our puppy loves everything except her worming and flea tablets! Tried hiding them in in treats but she's not daft!

weegiemum Wed 08-Feb-17 16:48:43

Oh, and the half empty bowl of guinea pig food while I was cleaning their cage..

TrustySnail Wed 08-Feb-17 16:51:04

Mine won't touch vegetables. He's partial to cat poo, though <boak>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now