Talk

Advanced search

Black Labrador shedding sheds full!

(10 Posts)
Mollylove Fri 03-Feb-17 18:37:40

I rescued a beautiful black lab a few months ago - she's a dream!

However my house has a layer of black hair everywhere I look - it literally gets everywhere!
I bought a Furminator and use it every other day which gets absolutely tonnes of hair, yet still she sheds like I've never known before.

Is this normal around this time of year?

showmeyourgroovymoves Fri 03-Feb-17 18:39:03

Oh yes. My top tip is dark carpets and a good hoover grin

Fizzyknickers Fri 03-Feb-17 18:39:35

My ex has a lab. She's absolutely beautiful and such a lush dog, but the moulting is a nightmare. He's changed her food and that's helped a bit. What are you feeding her?

showmeyourgroovymoves Fri 03-Feb-17 18:39:57

To be fair its 2-3 times a year. Their coats look like camels when they shed their coats.

JustCallMeKate Fri 03-Feb-17 18:43:45

Completely normal in our house. We have 3 labs, 2 black and a chocolate. Mine go for a professional groom every 6 weeks and I furminate every week which keeps the hair to a minimum. Since I started having them professionally groomed regularly I have hardly any hair around the house.

1frenchfoodie Fri 03-Feb-17 19:59:47

Yup, normal. We have a yellow lab and a black lab x cocker. The yellow has always shed all year round but somehow his hairs are heavier and less intrusive. The black ones seem to float everywhere. Furminating does help though.

Lovemusic33 Fri 03-Feb-17 20:02:15

Mines a nightmare, I have got him used to the Hoover so I now Hoover him off every morning grin

Mollylove Fri 03-Feb-17 20:52:33

Her hairs do float, I found one in a mug in the cupboard the other day which is at head level!

She's on Arden grange and is doing really well on it so hopefully won't have to change that?

I think I'll see what she makes of me hoovering her!

FannyWisdom Fri 03-Feb-17 20:56:37

amzn.eu/9i7aB0a

Decent reviews.

WeAllHaveWings Sat 04-Feb-17 15:49:41

Ours finished moulting just before Christmas, he is nearly 4 now and that was the worse one ever, does it get worse as they get older? I was vacuuming at least once a day and even then within hours it looked dreadful again and it was embarrassing when people popped round without warning.

A good brush out twice a week with a pin brush and a zoom groom would produce so much hair I couldn't understand why he was not bald!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now