Talk

Advanced search

Dogs got into treat box!

(3 Posts)
diamonte68 Tue 31-Jan-17 14:51:32

I have 2 husky crosses one in particular is a "counter surfer"/food scavenger. Last night either my husband left the utility room door open or Ddog managed to work out how to open it and he got hold of their treat box. There was an unopened massive bag (500g) of hypno teasers (from treats2sit4) as well as 2 packs of sea biscuits. Between the 2 of them they ate the lot plus a half a loaf of bread and had a good old go at a brand new DVD that I had bought for a pressie and stupidly put it on the counter rather than putting it away, plus a scented candle!

I have not given them any food so far today (for obvious reasons) and they have both been drinking lots of water. So far one has had really bad watery poos and the other just very soft poos but not watery. Both have been very sleepy for most of the day (very unlike them) and feeling generally sorry for themselves.

How long should I wait before giving them some food? Should I leave it until tomorrow or should I give them something light to eat tonight?

Burntbum Tue 31-Jan-17 14:53:13

Personally I wouldn't feed them tonight and see how they are in the morning.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Tue 31-Jan-17 19:18:16

Tomorrow! Let them clear their systems. Oh dear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now