Talk

Advanced search

Tripe chews

(9 Posts)
Wolfiefan Sat 28-Jan-17 19:00:55

I have an 18 week old puppy with separation issues. She's a giant breed so we are limited in the things we can safely leave her with. (Rope toys are a no go for instance.)
She loves tripe chews. Are they safe to leave with an unattended dog and also would one a day be too many.
If they are a problem does anyone have any bright ideas for an alternative? They are working really well as a distraction and to occupy her. Today she managed 30 minutes in her pen (as opposed to 30 seconds a few weeks ago!)

Wolfiefan Sat 28-Jan-17 21:12:14

Anyone?

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sat 28-Jan-17 21:21:16

I have no idea but would like to follow as I have an 18 week old teething puppy too. Mine chews raw bones but she can't be left unattended with them. She isn't interested in chewing anything else unless its the very expensive traditional welsh blanket on my bed hmm

Wolfiefan Sat 28-Jan-17 21:24:40

Ah the teething. Good God! Mine is a wolfhound so it is bloody painful when she chews you!
Nylabone is good.
Get a kong, soak some biscuits, stuff Kong, put it in freezer bag and freeze.
Raw or frozen carrot.
Ice cube.

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sat 28-Jan-17 21:54:08

The house is littered with rejected teethers, she is just not interested unless it is living (me or the DC) or was once living (chicken feet, lamb neck) or rough wool, she loves rough wooden blankets.
Mines also Irish but a terriergrin
The teeth are so bad her ear has gone droopy, poor thing.

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sat 28-Jan-17 21:56:12

She envelop tried to chew on a dead rat yesterday shock

Wolfiefan Sat 28-Jan-17 22:13:35

Oh bless. I came down this morning to find she had lost another tooth. DH had put it in the bin! First one she hasn't swallowed or lost when out and he bins it! I'm weird I know!
Puppy trainer told me to get as many big fluffy things as I could. (Charity shop teddies are good! I think yellow and blue are colours they see but could be wrong!) Have one in every room dog is allowed in BUT out of their reach. When dog has mad biting session you grab toy from hiding place. Wave it in a figure of eight in front of dog then throw it. Worked for a while but wolfhounds are good at murdering fluffies! The key is it only comes out at bitey o'clock! Then you confiscate.

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sat 28-Jan-17 22:24:41

Sounds like a good plan, I'll do some charity shopping. I was looking at these as they are leather she may let her fussy little princess self chew it.
I hope you pulled the tooth out of the bin! Pup has swallowed all hers so far, I'd love a canine but the contrary pup will probably hide them.

Wolfiefan Sat 28-Jan-17 23:00:50

I couldn't find the tooth. Did look. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now