Talk

Advanced search

does anyone have any experience with BorrowMyDoggie.co.uk? Is it worth it?

(8 Posts)
DailyMailDontStealMyThread Fri 27-Jan-17 18:48:38

I'm thinking about joining and finding my dog some extra company during the day whilst I'm working at home get the poor bugger from under my feet

RandomMess Fri 27-Jan-17 18:50:11

If you're looking to borrow it's cheap! I found it great.

TronaldDump Fri 27-Jan-17 19:00:43

We used it when I first had DS2 and it's been great - made some friends and some long term 'borrowers' who give ddog an extra leg stretch. I've been quite careful to filter out people over email first - a lot of families with young kids who sound lovely but I want to give him a break from young kids as I have a couple myself! It also helps ddog is very cute and endearing (like stop-you-in-the-street cute) - I wonder if it would be different if the dog wasn't so physically appealing, even if they were lovely on the inside, of course.

DailyMailDontStealMyThread Fri 27-Jan-17 19:58:32

Great point about child free space for her. Ddog loves the DC but you can tell their noise levels get on her nerves when she hides in the under stairs cupboard with me

Hoppinggreen Fri 27-Jan-17 21:54:23

I've been a borrower.
We took very very good care of the dog and treated him like one of the family.

Lemon12345 Fri 27-Jan-17 21:59:15

I could be a borrower, but it would take a lot for me to be happy to let 'strangers' take my dog. Makes me a little anxious tbh. Plus I'm very fussy about dog care, don't want people confusing commands or giving the dog issues. But then I've had a bad experience letting DBro look after a previous wonderful dog and getting him back with a few new behaviour problems...
But I'm probably in the minority and as long as DDog is carefully introduced and is happy with it all I'm probably being a bit precious about my dog.

picklemepopcorn Fri 27-Jan-17 22:02:39

I wondered about this. My dog is a bit high maintenance so would need someone who really does like a character! He's lovely, but a bit neurotic. I was worried it was a bit of a scam, because they keep telling you 'people in your area'... It's quite pushy sales technique, really. And quite a lot of money up front.

dawntigga Sat 28-Jan-17 07:36:15

My line manager uses them and loves it.

We are thinking of using it when River has her basic training down.

The current Mr Tigga is looking forward to getting into the office.

CurrentlyMovingThePuppyToPostTiggaxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now