Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Odd behaviour

(4 Posts)
picklemepopcorn Wed 25-Jan-17 08:24:30

Two evenings in a row now my dog has been constantly prowling the house, nose pressed to the floor. He has done it occasionally before, we call it 'hunting invisible mice'. He can't be distracted. Does anyone have any idea what he is up to? It's tiring to watch!

BiteyShark Wed 25-Jan-17 08:29:18

Mine is a gun dog so he does this all the time and more so when we have been cooking with his favourite ingredients mainly cheese as he is trying to locate any dropped crumbs grin

picklemepopcorn Wed 25-Jan-17 14:31:06

He doesn't do it all day though, which he would if it was about cooking. Just occasionally and when he starts he doesn't stop. He can tell when next door dogs are in their garden, and sticks his nose against the seal of the French Windows. I thought maybe a bitch in heat, or a fox. There is no reward to it, no cheese crumbs have ever been found... And he wasn't even distracted when I started eating chocolates, which would usually make him sit at my feet and gaze adoringly as each morsel moves towards my mouth. Oh well.

Medeci Wed 25-Jan-17 16:44:37

My dog goes through phases of this.
I think most likely explanation is that someone's brought an interesting smell into the house on their shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now