Talk

Advanced search

New foster lurcher puppies!

(62 Posts)
CMOTDibbler Fri 20-Jan-17 20:48:38

Meet Ethan and Ellen, 4 months old lurchers. Now snoozing next to me😀
Ethan is more honey coloured, Ellen more caramel. Both have brown eyes and eyeliner

MrsJayy Fri 20-Jan-17 20:51:10

I just read puppies and had to click the are adorable

dudsville Fri 20-Jan-17 20:55:28

Me too, gorgeous!

Beewhisperer Fri 20-Jan-17 20:58:16

Awwwwwww! I would love a dog.

Phillpot12 Fri 20-Jan-17 20:59:20

Oh my life.....this is not helping my NEED for a dog! Especially as you are training them to deal with cats! Are they timid....would they cope with a busy household with children!? Might have to show hubby the big brown eyes......

MrsJayy Fri 20-Jan-17 21:01:15

Its the ears look at the ears ☺

officerhinrika Fri 20-Jan-17 21:24:31

Ooh they have faces like my old girl ( saluki greyhound cross) and a very similar colour. She has a bit more grey round the muzzle.

CMOTDibbler Fri 20-Jan-17 21:27:31

I cannot lie, their ears are luffly smile
They've only been with me less than 4 hours, so its hard to say what they are like, but they aren't hiding in their bed, and were very lovey with ds. They are not housetrained, and have never walked on a lead so certainly need a lot of work though I think they will learn fast. I'll find out tomorrow, which will start with a puppy bath as they are rather smelly

tabulahrasa Fri 20-Jan-17 21:36:53

Oh, I love some lurchery eyeliner smile

Scuttlebutter Fri 20-Jan-17 23:51:58

They are gorgeous! PM me if you need coats (I have a standing offer for EGLR fosters).

I think you are going to have some fun and some grey hairs!

Sweets101 Fri 20-Jan-17 23:53:57

Love lurchers star

EstelleRoberts Fri 20-Jan-17 23:57:56

Oh, they are adorable! My heart is melting.

CMOTDibbler Sat 21-Jan-17 06:41:55

They were very good puppies overnight, and resettled after their one wakeup at 4 with a minimum of whining.
My dogs OTOH took full advantage of it being Friday night (they get to sleep on DS's bed two nights a week) and dh being away. I woke up this morning with 2 lurchers, a cat, a kong and two hooves in bed with me.

Thank you for the very kind offer Scuttle

MrsJayy Sat 21-Jan-17 11:38:24

Two hooves grin. Glad the babies pups had a good night how long do will you foster for? Man down the steeet from me has the biggest lurcher i have ever seen man said to me as i was stroking her she is only7 months we think there is great dane in there

GinIsIn Sat 21-Jan-17 11:42:13

You don't want to foster those two, they look HORRIBLE - you should send them to me! grin

Oh they are just glorious! Our tiny mutt has a lurcher best friend and they make a completely ridiculous but rather fetching pair!

Floralnomad Sat 21-Jan-17 11:46:43

Gorgeous , do you know how long you have them for or are they with you until they find forever homes ?

Bubble2bubble Sat 21-Jan-17 12:04:48

Oh my goodness, they are too gorgeous! I desperately need some more puppies..

Phillpot12 Sat 21-Jan-17 12:23:25

Following for updates.......glad they were good overnight. Good luck with the bath....

Bleurghghghgh Sat 21-Jan-17 12:43:36

Only two photos? Pah. You'd best redeem yourself today, op, or we can no longer be friends.

CMOTDibbler Sat 21-Jan-17 13:01:50

They are with me till they go to their forever homes smile but can be rehomed asap as they are fully vaccinated etc.
They smell much nicer now, have had a little walk on their harnesses, and a restful nap in their crate while ds and I took the dogs for a walk into town for a coffee in the cafe with a woodburner - and today we got a seat right by it so they demonstrated how much lurchers could stretch out.
I shall do more pics in a minute! They are either moving or asleep :-)

CMOTDibbler Sat 21-Jan-17 13:32:40

Snoozing time!

MrsT2007 Sat 21-Jan-17 14:15:04

How tall are they? I'm this close to ringing them!

Though with two smalls in the house they may not be suitable....

CMOTDibbler Sat 21-Jan-17 14:26:35

How small are they? Obv they are boingy pups, and though they are currently cuddled up with 10yr old ds they don't know not to jump up etc
Both pups are about 40cm to the shoulder atm

Phillpot12 Sat 21-Jan-17 14:30:04

With potential to grow quite big? Am in love. Think an older, lazier dog might be better for us but at least a pup could grow up with my brood and be trained accordingly....🙄😍

SleepForTheWeak Sat 21-Jan-17 14:33:29

Aw they're gorgeous!!!!!

We have a black lurcher and she is the best dog ever - would never get another type of dog now!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now