Talk

Advanced search

Why is he licking his paw so much?

(7 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 20-Jan-17 09:42:28

It's constant this morning. I cant see or feel anything wrong at all. When I touch it he doesn't cry or seem to mind.
Any ideas please? What can it be?
TIA

RaveclawZia13 Fri 20-Jan-17 10:05:29

Is the skin quite pink? My dog does it and she has skin allergies. I put a baby sock on her paw to stop her licking it.

Ilovecaindingle Sat 21-Jan-17 11:20:37

Have you checked his teeth? Dogs can lick their paws to try and transfer the pain of toothache apparently!!

LaGattaNera Sat 21-Jan-17 12:26:46

So if there is nothing in the pads or inbetween, is his dew claw ok as they can lick alot if it is semi-detached or bothering them. I've have various issues with dogs' paws such as a thorn or even tiny glass slivers in them and also the dew claw thing.

ConfessorKahlan Sat 21-Jan-17 12:29:22

Itchy feet in dogs can be an indication of a yeast infection.

mckenzie Sat 21-Jan-17 16:12:50

Thanks for all the replies.

Yeast infection has been mentioned before when was paying too much attention to his bottom and his ears.
I was hoping that now we've changed his diet and he is on probiotics that we'd got rid of it.

He hasn' t been licking them today at all so I'm hoping it was something that he could see or feel that I couldn't but I will keep an eye on him and look into the other thing so mentioned if necessary.

Thanks so much for posting.
Mck

Ylvamoon Sun 22-Jan-17 12:36:34

Just a further thought ... have the roads been gritted where you are? Often the salt can get between the paws making them itchy...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now