Talk

Advanced search

Stray dog-advice

(5 Posts)
rorosmokes Sun 15-Jan-17 20:42:48

We have two Weimaraners, one longhaired and one shorthhaired, Roxy and Maggie. I found a tiny dog in our front garden a week ago. Took her to vets, vets confirmed that she has no chip or anything. Vet offered to put her in a rescue home, I said to wait a little while, maybe owner will turn up. But, I've had her a week now and she's such a lovely personality!! She's sweet and plays nicely with the kids. Vet has identified her as a Norwich Terrier and arrggh I just want to keep her. Fabulous dog but I just need to know, am I mental to consider taking her in? I have four kids. I call her Penny, am I too attached? blush

Adory Sun 15-Jan-17 21:00:29

Well done you! If you think you can cope and she gets on with kids and other dogs then lucky you! Get her chipped and registered. Have you looked on FB, local dog homes, vets and newspaper to check nobody's missing her? Either way though she should be chipped and have a collar on to follow dog law

Bundao Sun 15-Jan-17 21:08:24

She's yours now, deep down you know it don't you. Sorry, no advice!

taptonaria27 Sun 15-Jan-17 21:54:21

I think I read you legally have to report them to the dog pound/ warden?
Other than that she sounds gorgeous and I hope you get to keep her!

spiderlight Tue 17-Jan-17 14:24:49

Legally you have to report her to the police and the dog warden, and if you're keeping her in your own home, she's not legally yours until 28 days have elapsed and nobody has claimed her. Alternatively she could go to the stray pound for 7 days.

www.strayaid.org.uk/content/stray-dogs-and-the-law

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now