Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

my darling died on Thursday

(20 Posts)
Wordsaremything Sat 14-Jan-17 07:16:19

Some of you will recall my earlier thread about Meg, my dear old girl. She had a number of setbacks and bounced back from each one. This happened so often I stopped posting on the thread as it seemed I was crying wolf and possibly upsetting those who had responded when I thought she was on her last lap.

She died peacefully in my arms at 11.55 on Thursday 12 January, surrounded by all who loved her, animal and human.

She has left such a massive void. I am broken hearted. . All the little reminders. Waves of grief.Am keeping my other dog close.

Thank you all who posted on my original thread. I can't find it as brain not working very well.

I am picking her ashes up today.

confusedandemployed Sat 14-Jan-17 07:22:28

flowers I think I remember you.

I'm sorry your lovely girl has finally gone, but also happy that you knew when her time came. I lost my old girl in March last year and as time goes on I'm just glad I didn't hesitate when the time came.

I believe that it really is the biggest act of love, and one of the most important parts of per ownership.

For now though just cwtch your other dog (mine is snoring next to me wink), bawl your eyes out and just be kind to yourself. The happy memories will be back sooner than you realise.

buckleberrybinn Sat 14-Jan-17 07:24:18

[flowersflowers] Words I am so sorry. Meg was lucky to be so loved. It's the worst part isn't it. We love them so much.

citybumpkin Sat 14-Jan-17 07:31:07

Many flowers. I made the decision at christmas to let my lovely dog go. Now there is only me in the house and after 14 years with him, every day is a struggle. No more routine, company, furry face to greet me when I get up or return home. Others don't seem to understand my loss - he was "just a dog". Peole underestimate the value and love a pet can bring.

mollie123 Sat 14-Jan-17 07:40:41

I do remember your thread as it gave me such a lump in my throat and it encapsulated that immense feeling of sadness of losing a dog. I had recently been wondering how things were with you and feared the worst. flowers for you..
A dog is never 'just a dog' for me - no other living animal can give you such loyalty, devotion, unconditional love during their lifetime and then break your heart when we inevitably lose them. sad

mollie123 Sat 14-Jan-17 07:49:29

city
flowers for you too - nothing quite fills that 'dog-shaped' hole in our lives when we lose them.

Wordsaremything Sat 14-Jan-17 10:37:57

Thank you. So sorry, City.
One minute I am absolutely fine. Next am crying helplessly. Is this normal?

citybumpkin Sat 14-Jan-17 10:48:15

Thanks mollie and words. Words its completely normal as you're grieving. I have moments when I go to call him or write a shopping list and am about to write "dog food". Let it out. Meg was your companion, a constant, a being to care for/love who reciprocated. I think in some cases it hurts more to lose a pet than a human being, especially when you've spent numerous years with them and you live alone. Cry if you want but don't feel bad about it. It shows how much you are hurting, how much you cared/loved the furry face.

wtffgs Sat 14-Jan-17 10:52:14

I'm really sorry flowers

Bubble2bubble Sat 14-Jan-17 11:53:41

Ah no, so sorry. sad
I remember your thread, it's been incredibly tough. flowers

FleshEmoji Tue 17-Jan-17 16:09:56

I'm so sorry. flowers

Shriek Tue 17-Jan-17 16:24:36

flowers and every sympathy for the parting of the ways. Dear ddoggie, such a huge loss. Take care of yourself, nurture those lively memories and doing your grieving atyour own pace and in your own way x

LaGattaNera Tue 17-Jan-17 18:10:16

I am so so sorry to hear this x

My little Axel died and I pick his ashes up last Wednesday and I have cried everyday including in public infront of various people since he died.

You gave Meg a great life and were a devoted mum and you were with her to the end. God bless Meg and I am thinking of you and hope that your other dog will give you comfort. I only had one so now, living alone, am finding the house very lonely and have started looking as I need a new best friend and want to offer my love and care to another rescue doggie.

LaGattaNera Tue 17-Jan-17 18:12:07

Citybumpkin I know what you mean that others don't seem to understand and after a couple of days expect you to be over it all. We on her understand and I am sending you my best wishes x

Blackbird82 Tue 17-Jan-17 19:09:38

I remember your previous thread.

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Your grief will run deep I'm sure and this is completely normal. Your darling Meg was a huge part of your life for a long time and this isn't something that you will quickly get over I'm sure.

Big hugs, take care x

Goingtobeawesome Fri 20-Jan-17 08:33:51

I remember Meg too. I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost three pets in six months, 18 year old cat and five year old guinea pigs and the house was so cold and horrible. We didn't last long without more fur balls and now have two cats, two guinea pigs and a puppy.

Pets are more than just animals. Mine are my world and have got me through terrible times. Some people don't understand that. Their loss. Not you being daft.

Take care.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Fri 20-Jan-17 17:34:14

OP, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Losing our beloved pets, is incredibly painful. We all grieve differently, there is no right or wrong way. Please allow yourself to cry, don't keep it inside.
I lost my darling girl, two years ago, she was my shadow, I still break my heart over her.
However, I did get great comfort, from collecting her ashes, and bringing her home, where she belongs. I hope you will feel the same.
What a very lucky girl Meg was, to be so very loved, by you. 🌺

WaitrosePigeon Sat 21-Jan-17 00:24:58

I am so sorry to hear about Meg flowers

Raiseyourglass26 Sat 21-Jan-17 00:39:47

flowers I remember you're previous thread. You gave Meg a wonderful life, I'm so sorry to hear that she's gone to rainbow Bridge now

ErrolTheDragon Sat 21-Jan-17 00:39:54

I'm so sorry. Losing a dog can hit you in quite a visceral way if they've been your close companion. The sound and smell and physicality of them, their complete trusting dependence on you. 'One minute I am absolutely fine. Next am crying helplessly. Is this normal?' - yes, for a while, but less in time and you'll be able to remember her with a smile not sadness.flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now