Talk

Advanced search

Am in fox poo hell!

(17 Posts)
MyChocolateJacuzzi Thu 12-Jan-17 13:48:38

So this morning my dirty little dog decided it would be fun to have a roll around in fox poo.

Anyone who has had the faintest whiff of this before will know that fox poo is the most evil substance know to man!

I have scrubbed him (twice shampoo'd) in the bath and still he reeks, next I've rubbed him over with baby wipes but the bloody odour still lingers.

How on earth do I get rid of this stench confused

LizzieMacQueen Thu 12-Jan-17 13:51:46

I've heard tomato ketchup works.

LilCamper Thu 12-Jan-17 13:52:21

Second the Tommy K

Wolfiefan Thu 12-Jan-17 13:52:36

Ketchup does work. Is he white though?! grin

SleightOfMind Thu 12-Jan-17 13:54:05

You can try fairy washing up liquid mixed with bicarbonate of soda.

MissRainbowBrite Thu 12-Jan-17 13:54:36

Ketchup definitely works and if your dog is white it'll leave a lovely pink tinge to the fur (voice of experience from a Springer owner!)

MyChocolateJacuzzi Thu 12-Jan-17 14:18:28

Never heard of ketchup, luckily he's a rusty colour so that's good. Back in the bath you go Archie (and failing the ketchup, fairy and bicarb it is!)

blueskyinmarch Thu 12-Jan-17 14:20:15

You need to get yourself a supply of Fox Poo shampoo. Only thing that gets rid of it properly from my lab.

Pasithea Thu 12-Jan-17 14:25:37

We have two springers and currently have a den of fox Cubs in the garden. I can smell it through the window. Thank god we're moving. Tom ketchup all the way. With love from a black and pink and brown and pink springers.

MyChocolateJacuzzi Thu 12-Jan-17 14:26:00

On my list of must-haves blue!

Floralnomad Thu 12-Jan-17 14:26:13

I've never had any success with the ketchup so what I do now is bath with fox poo shampoo and then shampoo again with a tea tree oil foaming wash ( super drug) which seems to work for us . Are you sure he still smells because I find that the smell gets up your nose and you can still smell it even though the actual dog is clean .

canihaveacoffeeplease Thu 12-Jan-17 14:28:31

Oh god I've had this, it's awful. We put him in the river (on his lead) where we were and scrubbed to get most of it off before the car on the way home, then I bathed him twice with fairy liquid, and rubbed in vinegar between the washes, that seemed to work, but he was still a bit whiffy for a while!! Good luck!

Bundao Thu 12-Jan-17 14:29:06

Bicarb and vinegar and then another bath. I agree the smell locks in your nose as well.

MyChocolateJacuzzi Thu 12-Jan-17 17:36:58

Well the ketchup didn't work so fairy liquid and bicarb and another bath it is. But maybe the smell has lodged itself up my nostrils confused

TattyCat Thu 12-Jan-17 20:25:16

I second the fox poo shampoo - works a treat on my lab. Fairy liquid's a bit harsh though so I wouldn't use much of it - it has some nasty toxic ingredients.

MyChocolateJacuzzi Thu 12-Jan-17 20:33:02

I will definitely get some special shampoo in for next time but a liberal sprinkling of baby powder seems to have done the trick this time, he smells lovely smile

pigsDOfly Fri 13-Jan-17 00:03:05

Someone told me recently that they used vinegar. Thankfully it's something my dog hasn't discovered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now