Talk

Advanced search

Scars from fighting?

(3 Posts)
Eliza22 Sun 08-Jan-17 21:56:41

My beautiful golden retriever (20 months now) was out walking this morning. She was on her lead. Another dog (also on the lead) walked past, as many others had along the way and they both slowed down for a social "sniff". They were nose to nose and tail wagging and then, the other dog bit her on her nose/snout. Thank God, we just dragged her away otherwise I think a very vicious exchange would have taken place.

We put her back in the car and she was bleeding. Now, her nose looks so sore and she has a long bite mark across her snout. I will take her to the vet in the morning to see if she needs antibiotic cover. Will it scar? It's a mess. Poor thing. She's so, so pretty I can't believe what happened. The owners of the other dog just dragged their dog away, like nothing had happened! shock

babyblackbird Mon 09-Jan-17 12:40:19

You've probably already been to the vet and asked ......but my dog was bitten on the nose too in almost identical circumstances ,but only by a much smaller dog so it was only a minor wound. It healed ok but he did lose a bit of "nose print" . Hope your dog is ok. I very rarely let mine say hello on a lead now to unknown dogs as a result .

KinkyAfro Mon 09-Jan-17 13:40:21

Ouch, bet that hurt, poor doggy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now