Talk

Advanced search

Feel very bad that I inadvertently upset a 5 year old today

(3 Posts)
JingleBellies Sun 25-Dec-16 19:07:09

Feel terrible and it's my own fault

Took Jingle dog out this morning for usual 2 hour run/walk/swim. When we got home, I washed and groomed her and put a lovely green and red ribbons round her collar in a big bow. After huge Christmas lunch, popped her in the garden while I started on the washing up.

15 mins later, receive a call, do I own a small red dog? Jingle dog had somehow managed to get out of back garden and gone to a house in the next lane who have 2 dogs.

When the owner opened their back door to let their 2 dogs in, Jingle dog waggled in as well. She rushed in 'talking' and waggling and generally looking amazingly cute, and the first person to see her was a small grandson who said 'I KNEW Santa would bring me a doggy!!!!!'

He was very upset when I turned up to collect her and apologise. The owners were very gracious, but I felt so bad for the little one.

My fault because the heavy wind last night had weakened the fence and that's how Jingle dog got out - I should have checked it!

IamWendy Sun 25-Dec-16 19:09:49

Aww, photo or it didn't happen.

lovelearning Sun 25-Dec-16 19:13:06

'I KNEW Santa would bring me a doggy!!!!!'

fsad

I should have checked it!

Glad that Jingle dog's ok.

fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now