Talk

Advanced search

Would you get another dog in this situation? And exercise advice

(3 Posts)
VeroSun Thu 22-Dec-16 21:18:03

We have three dogs, a Dachshund, Maya, a Boston Terrier, Lena and a Husky, Lexa. A friend is looking to rehome her pug. She's a single woman who was unemployed and has now got a full time job but cannot afford a dog walker or other things for the dog. I've looked after said dog for weeks at a time when she was struggling to provide for her.
My only problem is whether four dogs is too many? Does anybody have four or more? I have three kids too. A 7 year old, 4 year old and a 5mth old.
I feel because Maya and Lena are small breeds and the new dog will be too, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
I'm willing to pay any vets bills possible so no problems with that at all.
Another question:
I take Lexa with me on a 30 min run in the mornings. We then do a 1/2 hour walk in the afternoon when all the dogs. We go to a beautiful woods and they can go offlead. I do this Tuesday and Thursday at around 5/6 in the evening. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, DH does this. On Saturdays and Sundays, we take them pretty much everywhere with us and make a point to do an offlead walk at least once a fortnight on Saturdays/Sundays. I'm worried this isn't enough exercise at all! DH and I drop the kids off at either my parents or IL's on Saturday evening so go on runs on Sunday morning, we could take the dogs with us? How much exercise do you recommend and does anybody have experience running with multiple dogs?

Costacoffeeplease Thu 22-Dec-16 21:23:46

I have had 4 dogs, three big and one smaller, it was fine

dudsville Fri 23-Dec-16 22:06:13

This is probably of no help whatsoever but I know a woman who works half the week and has 5 dogs, one is a year old! They get out for an off lead run around the beach daily. I don't know how long for. They are all v happy, good settled dogs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now