Talk

Advanced search

Full time working adults

(5 Posts)
babybarrister Sun 18-Dec-16 20:34:17

We would love a dog - I could take to work approx 3days a week ie when not in court. Is this enough for dog - out of house 8-5. Would get someone in at about 3 on days I cannot be at home....

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sun 18-Dec-16 20:38:26

3 might be too late. 13:30 for a good walk might be better.

I don't know, really. Mine are spoiled with walks, so I'm probably not the best person to give their opinion.

Belle89 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:42:54

Maximum duration recommend to leave a dog is 4hours. I work full time well4days out of the house and one day from home. My main job is just 3 minutes away so I come home for lunch and have at least a half hour walk. My first two dogs are older rescues and this suited them perfectly. I now have 3 so am happy they have company when I am out of the house, even though the older ones have clearly been fast asleep when i come back, I couldn't leave a dog for that duration knowing it will be a lone dog. Could you afford someone to collect dog and walk mid morning/lunch time or consider a pair/older dogs as they may be more suited

Moanranger Mon 19-Dec-16 00:32:05

It is not good to leave a dog on his own for a full day. Can you find doggy day care? Not cheap, but if it is when you are in court, it would be the best solution. Getting two, if you do not have time to sort them out as a pair, isn't a very good solution.
I work in dog rescue, and so many problems arise when dogs have to be left on their own.
Think long & hard about this.

SmellOfPythonInTheMorning Mon 19-Dec-16 20:14:25

We just accepted that with both of us working long hours, paying for two walks a day would be a necessity and we factored that into the dog budget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now