Talk

Advanced search

My dog can't reach its own arse to lick it

(10 Posts)
AndShesGone Sun 18-Dec-16 17:04:17

Is it supposed to be able to? I thought all dogs could?

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sun 18-Dec-16 17:15:44

Well I was reading about it being good for anal gland hygiene on the thread about anal glands but my pup doesn't lick her own arse, she licks everything else with a lot of relish though hmm

mudandmayhem01 Sun 18-Dec-16 17:22:49

Is she very overweight or just a strange shape due to breed, all my dogs seemed to be able to lick their arses very easily ( licking your own genitals seems to be a perk of being a dog!)

AndShesGone Sun 18-Dec-16 17:27:24

She's a Scottie and even though she has a really long tongue she seems to be too rectangularey to do it. Her back just doesn't bend that way confused

She can bite her own lower bank and tail but can't bend her back (it's really solid) to lick her bum

tabulahrasa Sun 18-Dec-16 17:53:13

"She can bite her own lower bank and tail but can't bend her back (it's really solid) to lick her bum"

They usually go in from underneath, not round their tail...

AndShesGone Sun 18-Dec-16 17:57:04

My last dog (a springer) could do both, over and under.

She can't go under either as it seems her backs not very bendy, seems very strong (maybe because of the heavy head). When she goes under she gets as far as her tummy but not her bum.

Hoppinggreen Sun 18-Dec-16 17:59:07

Well, if you really loved your dog ............................

tabulahrasa Sun 18-Dec-16 18:01:24

Well of course springers can do both, they can wag their whole body they're that bendy grin

Scotties have quite a long body though, so it would be harder.

Mine can only go in from underneath (not a Scottie) and he's been known to overbalance while there, lol.

I'd assume it's just her body shape that makes it hard.

AndShesGone Sun 18-Dec-16 18:05:37

gringringrin at Hopping

Ineedmorelemonpledge Sun 18-Dec-16 18:06:30

I can't either.

It's always held me back in life.

sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now