Talk

Advanced search

Is it as bad as I think....

(11 Posts)
Stilltryingtobeme Wed 14-Dec-16 17:58:27

We have a pug, he's fab, brill with the kids, great all round dog. He wet himself at the weekend and I took him to the vet to get checked Monday. He's 9.

She's said he's got stiff legs, splayed feet, stands on toes, and together with the bladder loss of control indicates pressure on the nerve. Either it's likely to be prostate or spinal. He also had some blood in his urine.

So we sent off urine tests and I called today to see if they were back. The receptionist said she wasn't allowed to hand over results and the vet had left so I could call back first thing. It's bad isn't it?

If it was all OK, or mild or early stage I wonder if she would have got the vet to call me?

This wait is torturing me....

Floralnomad Wed 14-Dec-16 18:01:23

I would have thought if the results were that terrible the vet would have called you , if he's only wet himself the once and is not doing it all the time I wouldn't panic too much . Hooe it's good news tomorrow .

PUGaLUGS Wed 14-Dec-16 18:08:08

Please don't worry. Am sure it is just like a gp's surgery where the receptionist cannot give out results even if everything is ok.

It's awful isn't it when your baby is unwell. KikiPug had a couple of "fits" in the summer (vet is certain it was separation anxiety related as both times I was going away).

flowers

elevenswan Wed 14-Dec-16 18:20:18

My old dog was a bit wobbly and became incontinent, it was because of his spine pressing on a nerve (he was a rescue, they thought he'd been malnourished as a puppy and his spine was deformed). There wasn't anything they could do about it but he didn't get worse for a while and lived another 18 months with minimal problems. Just had to wear dog nappies! The incontinence sometimes led to bladder infections which could be causing the blood x

toboldlygo Wed 14-Dec-16 19:21:36

I just wanted to reassure you that it's rather like tests from the GP where the receptionist can't give you your results - they're pretty meaningless without the vet's interpretation to go with them. I'm sure they'll call you in the morning. smile

Stilltryingtobeme Wed 14-Dec-16 19:28:01

They said call first thing which has kinda freaked me out. But I'm aware I'm probably overtired, and winding myself up. It's horrid waiting!

Shriek Wed 14-Dec-16 22:01:01

Also waiting so offering some hand-holding (very different situation here though) but feeling the angst of the long wait and hope you get some good news soon

Stilltryingtobeme Thu 15-Dec-16 08:41:49

You too shriek, god I hate it. Vet is open now and I'm resisting phoning straight away. I know they have appointments for the first hour, morning emergencies, so no point.

Shriek Thu 15-Dec-16 13:58:20

Yeah I know. Its hard knowing they are open but also actually helping sick animals so dont want to bother them.
I know our vets is very busy and have all been so easy to talk to ans helpfulbut they just are so busy . Be well animals! xxx

Shriek Thu 15-Dec-16 19:53:01

What news have you had? I do hope its better news x

Shriek Fri 16-Dec-16 21:08:43

Hoping you are ok OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now