Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Meet my pup!

(74 Posts)
Wolfiefan Sat 10-Dec-16 08:45:51

Would you like to meet a baby wolfhound?!
Would you?!?!

Before I get told off please know I have wanted this breed for years. I spent about 18 months researching, attending shows, meeting potential breeders, asking questions, seeking advice and generally finding experts to support me. This puppy is very much longed for and not bought off some internet puppy farmer.
So a picture?!

robindeer Sat 10-Dec-16 08:49:06

Yes please!

Wolfiefan Sat 10-Dec-16 08:49:28

Yay!

Wolfiefan Sat 10-Dec-16 08:50:38

She's been home just over a week. I wanted to post a picture from the start but it's been a roller coaster of a ride!

robindeer Sat 10-Dec-16 08:54:52

Aww! Gorgeous. More pics please!

How big is she? I love those old breeds, wolfhounds, deerhounds, otterhounds. I've often thought about getting a rescue greyhound but I work long hours so no dog for me any time soon. Stupid work.

Bubble2bubble Sat 10-Dec-16 08:57:10

Oh Wolfie, always my dream dog as a child. Fabulous. We need pics of her standing up please, just to see how big?! And her name? smile

Jenda Sat 10-Dec-16 08:57:27

Oh my goodness she is gorgeous!! More photos and details please!!

Wolfiefan Sat 10-Dec-16 08:58:54

Here you are!

Wolfiefan Sat 10-Dec-16 09:00:20

I'm guessing she weighs about 30lb already! She's certainly heavy to lift. (Not had all her jabs so can't walk her yet.)
Outing myself here but she's an Isla. I'm in love!!

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sat 10-Dec-16 09:37:52

Oh my! I'm in love too. Having recently got our dream pup who is also a rare breed I share your passion. It took me years to find our pup buts it's been so totally worth the effort.

PacificDogwod Sat 10-Dec-16 09:41:26

Oh, Wolfie, she's gorgeous! smile

My (3 year old but skinny as we cannot get any weight on him, so still has his 'racing weight' rather than pet weight) greyhound weighs 32lbs - no way is she 30lbs! shock
She must eat you out of house and home.

Gorgeous breed. And she is so cute... squee!!

sotiredbutworthit Sat 10-Dec-16 09:44:00

Gorgeous!!!

CMOTDibbler Sat 10-Dec-16 09:44:24

She is gorgeous!

I have two <squee> 14 week old greyhound pups coming this afternoon as our first stint as foster carers. We only said we would be happy to foster pups (due to child and cats) on Thursday afternoon, so its all a bit of a whirl smile

PacificDogwod Sat 10-Dec-16 09:48:05

OMG, CMOT, how exciting!
Your first duty is of course to pop some pictures on MN grin

BastardGoDarkly Sat 10-Dec-16 09:49:42

Naaaaaaw!!!! I would love one of these one day smile

Wolfiefan Sat 10-Dec-16 09:50:38

Pacific I told you I would introduce her! She was over 28lb when we picked her up and getting bigger by the minute!
And I will be pestering you all for advice I'm sure!!

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sat 10-Dec-16 10:30:39

I am so jealous! I LOVE Wolfhounds! If you're wondering the best place to get her a collar for when she's full on donkey sized, I can thoroughly and wholeheartedly recommend a website called MeggieMoo, the woman that runs the business has approximately a gazillion dogs fgrin including Douglas, her Irish Wolfhound. She regularly gets her collars and metalwork tested for strength in a proper lab, she says it's shocking just how many people use inadequate metalware in their collars.

Wolfiefan Sat 10-Dec-16 10:31:55

Thanks. I'm in the process of ordering her a puppy and a grown up collar!
Haha at donkey sized!

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sat 10-Dec-16 10:33:55

Well it's true fgrin Douglas' bed is a single bed mattress!

Wolfiefan Sat 10-Dec-16 10:35:32

Yes. We have that sorted. Not quite there yet!

SagelyNodding Sat 10-Dec-16 10:41:09

Awww-my favourite breed! So noble, and those eyes! I wish we had the time, space and money for one! Stoopid kids and job fgrin

Soubriquet Sat 10-Dec-16 10:46:08

Oh I'm so glad you've found one!!

Does she have a name yet?!

Cherrysoup Sat 10-Dec-16 10:49:05

28lb? Dear lord, how will she fit on your knee?! Utter cuteness, I love the breed.

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sat 10-Dec-16 10:58:10

I just did the conversion, your pup is the same size now as mine will be when she is fully grown. I'd love a wolfhound but couldn't shoe horn one into my suburban home.

TheMortificadosDragon Sat 10-Dec-16 11:01:21

Fabulous dogs.

Cherry we've come across people who solved that problem by having a wirehaired dachshund to boss around complement their wolfhounds.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now