Talk

Advanced search

Dog farts are evil!

(8 Posts)
missyB1 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:50:43

Ha ha so my 5 month old miniature schnauzer has been doing the most horrendous farts the last three days! Tonight she's doing them every 5 minutes or so ( as you can imagine we are just about chocking to death by now) grin

She's had a couple of poos today (looked normal). What the heck is going on? We have changed her food in the last week from Royal Canin to Symply (supposed to be more natural and is cheaper), could that be it?

TheoriginalLEM Tue 22-Nov-16 20:53:10

sounds like the change in food. should settle down.

BestIsWest Tue 22-Nov-16 20:54:34

Our mini cannot tolerate gluten. Makes his farts horrendous.

missyB1 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:57:35

Hmmm.... will have a more careful look at the ingredients and see how she goes. Hope she stops the horrid smells though it could be very embarrassing if we have any visitors!

WeAllHaveWings Tue 22-Nov-16 22:48:00

Anything with grain would have our lab farting all night.

Floralnomad Wed 23-Nov-16 11:06:21

If its the food it may well not settle down , chicken makes my dog stink so he can't have anything with chicken in , but is also grain free.

pigsDOfly Wed 23-Nov-16 15:55:26

Pretty sure Symply is grain free so it shouldn't be that.

I've found it can take a while for the dog's system to get used to a new food. I had to take it really slowly when I changed my dog's food from wet to dry, took about 2 weeks in the end before she was fully on the new food.

Shriek Wed 23-Nov-16 19:32:37

Its because the guts are overloaded in some way or aggravated. So can only nr due to amount or type of foodgiven . Did you do a gradual weaning onto new diet or cold turkey style which could have caused her poorly tum?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now