Talk

Advanced search

Feeding puppy

(4 Posts)
Empress13 Wed 16-Nov-16 21:07:45

Just wondering what you feed your puppy on? We have 8 month old and feed him Orijen which is grain free but at £63 per 13kg bag is expensive but he is thriving on it and his coat is fabulous. Also what else do you give them in the way of human food e.g. Meat, Veg, pots, fruit etc?

Getnakedorgohome Wed 16-Nov-16 21:09:42

My dog was fed purely on a diet of chicken carcasses as he was allergic to all grains. His coat was beautiful and he was fit as a butcher's dog. And the carcasses were free from the butcher!

ClariceBeanthatsme Wed 16-Nov-16 21:15:24

Mine is 5 months old, she's on Millies Wolfheart. She has 3 meals a day and then for her last meal in the evening she has a topper of either tinned sardines or one of the james wellbeloved puppy pouches (just half a pouch) The Millies is grain free too slightly cheaper £49.99 for 14.5kg

VladimirsPooTin Wed 16-Nov-16 21:17:18

I feed my dog a mixture of Royal Canin breed specific and Proplan. I also feed him along with this meat which I cook in batches and freeze. I defrost some daily and warm it up to go into his biscuits. Usually mincemeat, steak, pork and chicken with a big variety of veg and some fruit. It varies his diet and he is in peak condition. He won't eat wet dog food any more which I'm fine with as real meat and veg is healthier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now