hand hold. stressed regarding dog and dihoreha

(8 Posts)
IreallyKNOWiamright Tue 08-Nov-16 10:19:44

So. I've been up since 7.45 cleaning up dog dihoreha. I then did the school run, went to the vet got back. Carried on cleaning what I wasn't able to earlier. Come down to make a cup of tea and she has done it again in the living room. I'm so stressed. I've not eaten, drank anything or even showered yet because I've been cleaning up after the dog. The smell is making me feel sick despite opening all the windows. I had so much to do today and have had to abandon it all. 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

boybabies Tue 08-Nov-16 13:16:31

But how is the dog?
Do you know what caused the diarrhoea?
Is the dog drinking?

IreallyKNOWiamright Wed 09-Nov-16 15:59:38

She isn't any better. I've been clearing up all day today she had blood in her stools. I've spoken to vet and he is going to leave some antibiotics and I need to drop in a sample tomorrow. I'm quite worried about her as she has never been poorly like this before.

IreallyKNOWiamright Wed 09-Nov-16 16:00:20

P's they think it's gasteoritis

BlueKarou Wed 09-Nov-16 17:04:33

I feel your pain on the constantly cleaning - when my lurcher was a puppy he had the most awful shits due to the stress of being a young puppy who had changed home several times in the space of a couple of weeks (rescue) and he had a lot of diarrhoea. It was relentless for a good couple of weeks.

Having worries about her health on top of the cleaning must be really hard for you. Good that your vet's on the case. Here's hoping they get a stronger diagnosis from the sample, and the anti-biotics help.

How is the dog in herself? Does she seem unwell or is she acting the same as usual?

kilmuir Wed 09-Nov-16 17:08:45

Not the dogs fault!
Fresh pumpkin is good for loose stools.
I have stack of old duvet covers and towels etc to through over floor

Thewix Thu 10-Nov-16 18:30:31

Chicken breast and plain rice works well for bringing the solid poops back.
But it is bad having to clear it up, don't blame the dog.
We have trained ours to nudge a bell on the door when he wants to go out!

IreallyKNOWiamright Fri 11-Nov-16 10:48:31

Hi thanks for your replies. It seems egg has helped her tummy the last couple of days. The medication is now kicking in, and she seems to be bouncing back again. It's been one long week. That's amazing Thewix that you have trained your dog to ring a bell. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now