New pup has landed

(10 Posts)
BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sun 06-Nov-16 10:09:34

Well actually she arrived a week ago grin

Introductions between her and big dog couldn't have gone better. Toilet training is going well. She's enjoying her short training sessions & picking commands up quickly. She loves playing in the garden which makes me very grateful I don't have flowerbeds! She's not too destructive (yet).

stonecircle Sun 06-Nov-16 10:34:29

Am in awe of the fact that you have dogs and ..... a cream carpet! A clean cream carpet at that!!!!

Lovely dogs you have there too!

Kidnapped Sun 06-Nov-16 10:42:11

That pup is awful.

Better send her over here and I will take her off your hands for you. Send the big one as well.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sun 06-Nov-16 10:50:43

stonecircle & 4 DC...Also a carpet cleaner! If i could have hard flooring I would but then I'd have to have ugly rubber backed mats everywhere because of their hips. We did have a lovely, huge, rug but DC3 upchucked on it sad

Kidnapped You can have 'em if you fancy giving big 'un a bath wink. Oh how I miss having a downstairs bathroom.

Kidnapped Sun 06-Nov-16 11:00:05

The big 'un wouldn't even fit in our shower at the moment. grin

You could shower his head and his bum would be sticking outside the door. I'd have to do him in stages. Monday head, Tuesday chest, Wednesday forelegs, Thursday back, Friday stomach, Saturday hind legs and tail. Then I'd be able to rest on a Sunday.

stonecircle Sun 06-Nov-16 11:19:37

Hmm - I cleaned our living room carpet last week and it still looks dirty brown. Mind you, i did go for a dirty brown colour to start with so mustn't grumble!

We have hard flooring elsewhere which causes a fair bit of sliding and skidding so I can't bring myself to inflict it on them in the living room. Mind you, number 2 dog only steps on the floor when he wants to swap sofas ....

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sun 06-Nov-16 19:46:30

It's her head that needs doing the most Kidnapped she has a stain on her nose that baby wipes aren't shifting! Can't for the life of me think what it is hmm

stonecircle I tried to find a murky coloured carpet but couldn't so cream it was. Thanks to mumsnet I now use Persil bio liquid in the cleaner & it comes up lovely.

Madhousemummy Sun 06-Nov-16 20:15:49

Love your username Bernard! Pics are adorable your household must be lots of fun smile

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Mon 07-Nov-16 17:00:56

Thank you Mad. I occasionally on a daily basis question my sanity but I can't imagine it any other way!

ErrolTheDragon Mon 07-Nov-16 17:17:55

Have you tried flanneling her face rather than baby wipes? You can use a bit of dog shampoo, scrub it well and then rinse pretty effectively. I'm still amazed it took me 20 years of dog ownership before I realised they should have a flannel! of course on a Bernard you might want to use a small towel for the job.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now