Talk

Advanced search

Gourmet ( aka fussy) jrt

(3 Posts)
OrlandaFuriosa Fri 04-Nov-16 17:06:47

The thing is:

As soon as I bulk buy anything, even in diff flavours, he goes off that make. Natural, raw, processed. Why?

Basically he knows he's a human and resents eating dog food, as far as I can see. ( Like the other males in my household he doesn't like green things. )

What do I do?

pigsDOfly Fri 04-Nov-16 19:43:49

I feel your pain Orlanda. I don't buy large amounts of anything, mainly because my dog is small and has the appetite of a - I was going to say mouse, but I don't know that mice have small appetites - anyway, she seems to see dog food as an affront so I always buy small packets of anything I've fed her on and I've ended up changing her food a few times, not something I like to do.

She was on wet food for a long time but she's currently on Canagan dried food, which I moisten with warm water. But I can see that's losing its appeal now.

If I could feed her on chicken and rice for the rest of her life I think she'd be happy but of course, that's not going to happen.

I did consider adding a small amount of various wet foods mixed in with her Canagan in order to give a bit of variety, after all we wouldn't want to eat the same food day in day out, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea either.

I don't know what the answer is tbh. I wish I had one of those dogs that just tucked in as soon as the food hits on the floor.

Sorry that's not really very helpful.

OrlandaFuriosa Sat 05-Nov-16 16:40:39

Well at least I know it's not just me! I do rather feel that if there were competition he'd eat it..but that doesn't persuade me to get another,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now