Talk

Advanced search

Book Recommendation

(6 Posts)
LaFlottes Wed 02-Nov-16 13:12:03

Hello Again!

Can anyone recommend a book to help us train our 6 year old adopted border terrier?

She's a good girl, knows sit and stay etc.

She is very possessive over a certain squeaky toy and I think could just do with a refresher in general. She jumps up and barks at the doorbell, but those are the only issues so far.

I'd just like to build my knowledge up too as she's our first dog, so that I can recognise certain behaviours.

For instance someone said to me if I allow her to be possessive over her toy, she might become aggressive about it and then this trait could be carried over into other things.

Any ideas would be welcome - I looked on amazon but a lot are for puppies or for teaching tricks!

Thanks.

GladysKravitz Wed 02-Nov-16 15:34:48

I really like Zak George's videos on YouTube. He has a dog training book too but I don't have it yet.

LaFlottes Wed 02-Nov-16 18:35:13

Thank you very much for the recommendation - I will have a look tonight.

reallyreallyreallytired Wed 02-Nov-16 18:38:01

For recall the Total Recall book is brilliant smile

Ylvamoon Wed 02-Nov-16 20:02:13

101 Dog Tricks by Kyra Sundance and Chalcy.

It's my doggy bible for these long winter evenings! I use it tire my dogs out when walks are kept short (because of the weather).

It's great for basic and the fun stuff! Steps are easy to follow with good descriptions, pictures and trouble shooting advice.

LaFlottes Fri 04-Nov-16 15:05:43

Thank you so much!
The 101 dog tricks sounds great too - I'm going to order that as I think that would be really fun for both of us!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now