Talk

Advanced search

Raw feeding help

(5 Posts)
Deadnettle Tue 01-Nov-16 18:41:42

I had a thread a while ago about my super fussy dog not eating and someone recommended nutriment. Dog has eaten every single meal since which is fantastic.

However, Nutriment is causing her to be constipated so can someone recommend a raw food that has less bone?

I can't just give her a bone because she's an idiot its not gone well when we've tried that.

AlcoChocs Tue 01-Nov-16 19:10:55

Just Offal and the Beef Formula don't have any bone and make poos softer so you can add it to the bony food. My dogs are quite happy to eat beef and duck together smile. You'll quickly find out how much to give as the results will show next day.

Deadnettle Tue 01-Nov-16 19:52:21

We've tried that but even at 50% of each its too much bone. We are now trying even more beef with a formula with bone but it seems easier to just try a different brand.

AlcoChocs Tue 01-Nov-16 20:36:53

Have you spoken to Nutriment? Contact details on the website, they were very helpful when I phoned them.

Deadnettle Tue 01-Nov-16 21:02:21

Yes I have but I might call them again. The man I spoke to before seemed suprised at the problem but tried his best to help anyway.

Today and yesterday dog has had roughly 60% beef with 40% of something with bone (can't remember what) and has just been to the loo and her poo was white.

She also has had smelly wind since starting nutriment. If it wasn't for the fact that she is actually eating she wouldn't be on it anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now