I'm a bit worried about my dog

(12 Posts)
ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Mon 31-Oct-16 22:24:23

Last week he went away with my dd for a sailing trip all week and she brought him home on Saturday and he slept nearly all day Sunday and all day today.

Is that normal do you think?

Bluntness100 Mon 31-Oct-16 22:25:37

I think it depends on the dog. You know him better than anything, is he eating ok?

PigPigTrotters Mon 31-Oct-16 22:25:40

Was he more active?
If we take our dogs camping they're knackered for a few days after.

MrsJayy Mon 31-Oct-16 22:29:51

Maybe he was tense from being away and now zonked my dog sleeps for days after we bring him back from kennels he doesn't sleep properly. Dogs are creatures of routine and if it's out of sync can knock them a little.

MrsJayy Mon 31-Oct-16 22:31:05

Is he OK eating and out a walk?

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Mon 31-Oct-16 22:31:23

I think he might be depressed. I broke up with my boyfriend a month ago and my boyfriend had a dog who my dog used to see about twice a week. Now he doesn't see him any more.

Is there anything I can do about his depression? I'm going to walk him more, but I do walk him twice a day already. I could make the walk longer and let him run round off lead.

What can I play to stimulate him a bit more at home?

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Mon 31-Oct-16 22:32:34

Oh thank you for the replies so quick. !!!!!

He is eating ok, weeing and pooing ok, and walks fine when we are out.

MrsJayy Mon 31-Oct-16 22:33:11

Was he acting strange before your Dd took him away ?

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Mon 31-Oct-16 22:35:10

no he wasn't acting strange before MrsJayy.

Shriek Mon 31-Oct-16 22:36:23

I think it would be wise to wait a few days before drawing any quick conclusiins as its extremely likely that ddog would sleep a lot after a week of sailing.

Is he eating and drinkng peeing and pooing ok?

Are you depressed after split with biyfriend and adjusting to that. Ddog doesnt know which day of the week it is and would enjoy play with many.

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Mon 31-Oct-16 22:49:12

Shriek - I did wonder whether it was me that was depressed and projecting lol. I have been a bit sad but I wouldn't say depressed (I have been depressed before). Maybe the dog is just picking up on my sad vibes.

You've all been really kind to respond. I think i'll leave it for now and keep an eye on things till the end of the week at least.

MrsJayy Tue 01-Nov-16 08:29:11

He is probably just knackered and he will pick up soon look after yourself too op flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now