Talk

Advanced search

Forgot to order Millies Wolfheart - what can I get from shops?

(15 Posts)
WeAllHaveWings Fri 28-Oct-16 22:31:53

Ddog is on Millie's Wolfheart Countryside mix with some Millie's Salmon & Veg mixed in. Too much going on and I never realised his food was so low, we've ran out until delivery on Wednesday, need something similar to fill in the gap which isn't going to upset his stomach.

He's good on a 70/30 duck/lamb/salmon/venison. Its got to be grain free, or he gets soft smelly poop. Not been good with chicken or other fish (especially trout/herring) or any 80/20.

What do you feed you ddog that you can get from Pets at Home?

Looking at Barking Heads Duck/Quackers (but it says that's a web exclusive so might not be instore), or Wainwrights grain free Duck and Veg, or AATU Duck (£39 for 5kg shock). Should I avoid any of these or is there an alternative I'm missing?

MimsyBorogroves Fri 28-Oct-16 22:40:21

If I have to do a PAH shop, I tend to use this: http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/dog/dry-dog-food/fishmongers-adult-dog-food-fish-and-potato?orderBy=1

which my allergy prone basset tolerates well. It's not bad price-wise for hypoallergenic.

MimsyBorogroves Fri 28-Oct-16 22:41:55

Oh, just seen you can't have white fish. Damn, that makes it pricier!

MimsyBorogroves Fri 28-Oct-16 22:43:20

Does it have to be dry? Forthglade trays are very good and have grain free option, they're a very reasonable price.

Scuttlebutter Fri 28-Oct-16 22:44:29

Try Fish4Dogs - they do a salmon food which is grain free. Ours love it. Their website has a stockist finder where you enter your postcode and it tells you the nearest. The online service is also exceptionally quick - I usually find it takes no more than two days, and it's free.

littlemissneela Fri 28-Oct-16 23:00:53

Ive done that a few times, though not completly run out, but so frustrating! Mines on Milles salmon and veg too. I have heard good things about this and you can buy it in some stores. Might be worth a try.

encorepetfood.co.uk/product-category/for-dogs/

DailyMailPenisPieces Sat 29-Oct-16 00:26:46

Millies do next day delivery for extra don't they?

TrionicLettuce Sat 29-Oct-16 00:51:48

If you can find a stockist near you then Canagan Lamb might be suitable. It's 65/35 but grain free and the only thing that might cause issue is a very small amount (1%) of salmon oil.

Failing that I'd do as Mimsy suggests and look at wet foods. The grain free Forthglade is good stuff and I think the Wainwrights grain free is actually made by the same company, just rebranded for PaH. Nature's Menu Country Hunter tins/pouches are good as well and they do some flavours with no chicken or fish in. I think the venison and duck ones would be fine.

shockingsocks Sat 29-Oct-16 10:00:49

Canagan would be a good alternative, although if you just want one that's easy to find then Vet's Kitchen from Tesco/ Morrison do a grain free food that's got good ingredients. It's nothing like the meat levels your dog is used to but if it's just to tide him over for a few days without upsetting him then it might be worth considering.

WeAllHaveWings Sat 29-Oct-16 13:08:02

Thanks for the recommendations.

Millies to next day delivery and Sat/Sun delivery too, but would have needed to order before 2pm on Friday and didn't notice until later. Earliest would have been Tuesday (instead of Wednesday) so still need to feed Sat/Sun/Mon.

Thought about Canagan, but doesn't look online like PAH do it. We have some Millie's Salmon & Veg left but its too rich on its own for him and results in sloppy poos which is why I'm avoiding fish based.

Vets kitchen grain free is pork which we haven't tried before, will look at the wet trays in PAH when I'm in.

DailyMailPenisPieces Sat 29-Oct-16 14:23:00

Someone told us sweet potato is good for sensitive tummies. Can you put together some food you know your dog can tolerate?

AlwaysLookOnBrightsideOfLife Sat 29-Oct-16 15:24:53

I know people that interchange between Millie's & Skinners, but I'm not sure if Skinners meets your requirements (I don't use either as I use James Wellbeloved).

WeAllHaveWings Sat 29-Oct-16 17:16:17

Got a small bag of Wainwrights grain free Duck which I'll mix with his Salmon & Veg and tide him over to Wednesday.

WeAllHaveWings Sun 30-Oct-16 00:14:58

Update: omg the smell. he likes wainwrights but it obviously doesn't like him.......

DailyMailPenisPieces Sun 30-Oct-16 09:27:00

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now