Talk

Advanced search

Any Australian Terrier Owners?

(5 Posts)
jaabaar Wed 26-Oct-16 00:21:15

Hi
We are thinking of getting AT as a family pet. One of our biggest worries for us is that they are not meant to be off the leash as they will chase and are they suitable as family pets.

Are there any AT owners out their who can advice.

Thank you in advance

tabulahrasa Wed 26-Oct-16 10:28:34

I think you'll struggle to find an owner of one TBH, they're not a common breed, looking at the KC website there were only 27 puppies registered last year - so about 5 litters.

jaabaar Wed 26-Oct-16 10:34:29

Hi
Thank you for your reply. We are already on waiting list for next year. We just want to be sure We are choosing the right breed.

We have done a lot of research but we just unsure on above questions.

I hope someone can answer

Thanks

tabulahrasa Wed 26-Oct-16 10:36:40

I meant I think you'll struggle to find an owner on here, with them not being common smile sorry, that wasn't awfully clear, lol

Floralnomad Wed 26-Oct-16 20:28:05

Sorry I've no clue about the Australian terrier in particular but most terriers will chase things but that doesn't exclude them from being off lead ,you just need to train a good recall /leave and let them off only in suitable areas . I have a patterdale X and he goes off lead on the beach and at our local Heath but I don't let him off near livestock or in woods . Can I ask why you want this breed in particular ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now