Talk

Advanced search

My lab has a pea sized lump

(4 Posts)
Littlebeek Fri 21-Oct-16 06:47:55

I got my beautiful 10 year old old from the RSPCA about 4 weeks ago. She came to us the day after she was neutered. They said the vet had spotted a small lump near her teet but neither myself, DH or anyone at the RSPCA could find it at the time.

Last night miraculously I found it, it's the size of a pea and just near one of her teets.

Should I take her to my own vets? RSPCA said to keep an eye on it but surely if it was anything bad then the vet would have removed it when they neutered her?

Just don't want to risk her getting ill if I do nothing..

Bubble2bubble Fri 21-Oct-16 06:59:25

My 10 year old had one of these. She had it removed,along with a similar sized one on her side. The vet had them tested and both were completely harmless.
I would get it checked, maybe mainly because of where it is.

frostyfingers Fri 21-Oct-16 11:19:25

Yes, definitely get it checked and measured for size and keep an eye on it. We have 2 labs, they have both undergone surgery for removal of mast cell tumours which started small. Most lumps are fatty and can be left but keep an eye on it and if it suddenly starts growing then go back to the vet.

tabulahrasa Fri 21-Oct-16 12:12:18

Absolutely get it checked, it could be something serious.

Old labs usually have fatty lumps and it's most likely that's what it is, but it's something you need to make sure of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now