Talk

Advanced search

Help! My dogs won't stop scratching

(8 Posts)
DianaMitford Mon 26-Sep-16 11:19:44

Just that - they've had a double dose of Advocate which I thought was a one-stop solution to itchy problems and yet they are still scratching! They're better than they were but something is definitely still bothering them.

Normally I'd whip them up to the vet but we're away at the moment in a cottage in the middle of bloody nowhere so that isn't an option (well, only in a dire emergency, obviously).

flanjabelle Mon 26-Sep-16 11:21:16

It could be flea allergy or another allergic issue of some sort. The vet told us to give ddog piriton and wash with special shampoo.

Mycraneisfixed Mon 26-Sep-16 11:24:35

I do my dog regularly with Advantage and yesterday noticed her tummy crawling with fleassad Had to bath her and wash all her bedding but now wonder if there is any flea preventative treatment that actually works. (Frontline certainly doesn't.)

NoahVale Mon 26-Sep-16 11:27:59

i think it is the time of year.
just off to vets for some Advocate myself

GreyHare Mon 26-Sep-16 12:21:05

Could be harvest mites which advocate doesn't treat.

NoahVale Mon 26-Sep-16 13:42:30

how do you get rid of them then?

DianaMitford Mon 26-Sep-16 19:36:34

That's what I was wondering!!

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 26-Sep-16 22:21:58

Harvest mites (usually found round the ears) are very easy to spot, little orange dots- frontline spray is the only thing that kills them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now