Cavaillier struggling to walk

(6 Posts)
HormonalHeap Sat 24-Sep-16 21:45:49

Our 13yo King Charles is still loving life. But recently I've noticed his back legs collapse whilst walking. Had to carry him home today.

Vet says its muscle wastage and arthritis. Has anyone seen this and is there anything that can be done to make him happier?

weloveearlysleeptime Thu 29-Sep-16 20:43:27

Try a bone supplement like yumove its very good i use it on my 14 yr old beag who has arthritis in his hind legs. Also u can get the animal equiv of glucosamine at some places. Bone marrow is very good if ur butchers has any- i bake it and scoop the marrow out and put it w his kibbles. Good luck it can be managed w good nutrition.

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 29-Sep-16 21:09:54

Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs help with the pain and can be combined with joint supplements.
Hydrotherapy on a floating treadmill can slow the loss of muscle and in some cases help rebuild muscle.

HormonalHeap Thu 29-Sep-16 21:12:46

Thank you both so much. I will try the bone supplement, but where can one got for hydrotherapy on a floating treadmill?

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 29-Sep-16 21:30:32

Your vet will need to refer you to hydrotherapy (or at least an ethical hydrotherapy so will insist on this). NSIADs are worthwhile too.

HormonalHeap Fri 30-Sep-16 12:38:08

Thank you Lonecat x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now