Talk

Advanced search

Dogs in the office?

(2 Posts)
BlancheDuBois2 Tue 13-Sep-16 08:55:55

I looked after a rescue greyhound for a few weeks recently and absolutely fell in love. I work for a charity, but we currently have a 'no dogs in the office' policy. I'm hoping this will change, but obviously I can't rely on this.

I live 10 minutes away from the office, how realistic would it be to have a rescue greyhound, and go home at lunchtime to walk him for 20 minutes? I'd be out between about 9 and 12.30 then 2 till 5.30.

I don't really think it's ok, but others seem to think a greyhound would be fine with that, while other dogs wouldn't.

CMOTDibbler Tue 13-Sep-16 09:27:58

My lurchers would cope with that on the odd occasion (and do), but don't like it. They'll sleep all day, and don't do anything destructive, but they are social animals and miss not having people around to interact with.

But if its 3.5 hours at a time, maybe a rescue would have an older dog who is used to being left, or two dogs who are similar - perhaps have a chat with EGLR about whether they'd consider you. I don't know if Maddie and Jess would be ok on those hours everyday, but they are two very lovely old dogs who were terribly treated and are inseparable and desperatly need a loving home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now