Talk

Advanced search

Would a staffy be a good fit for us if...

(4 Posts)
Cherrypie32 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:19:30

...We're an active family who lives near the water, who have energetic but dog aware children age 8 & 6, who would be at home during the day but can currently only manage about an hours exercise due to a couple of health issues (that will be resolved in the new year).
Thinking of getting a puppy. Does your staffy chase a ball or play/swim in the water? Thinking of getting a puppy. I'd love to know about your staffy's character traits.

Macauley Fri 02-Sep-16 21:24:58

My staffy loves the water so much we can't get her out of it! She plays fetch and loves her toys.

Character wise she's a contented happy little dog. She loves to be cuddled and likes to have your company. She is very smart so enjoyed her puppy classes and learned quite quickly.

tabulahrasa Fri 02-Sep-16 23:27:25

Yes, they're great family dogs, but, if you're looking for a puppy you'll need to be hugely careful to find a decent breeder, they're hugely overbred by all sorts of dodgy people.

Perpetualstateofchaos Fri 02-Sep-16 23:35:54

I have a staffy cross and she's fab with the dcs. She loves a bath and playing fetch. Dmil has 1 too and she's as fab. Both enjoy walks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now