Talk

Advanced search

Inspirational dog bed thread

(12 Posts)
Houseconfusion Wed 31-Aug-16 04:03:43

We are moving to our dream home Tuesday and looking for ideas to make sure pooch (Shihtzu) has a lovely comfy soft but nice looking bed in most rooms

Particularly need something for under my table/at my feet in my home office which is joined to main house with a short hallway

Also a comfy living room space to hang out with us although she will be sitting on DH lap anyway

Maybe something comfy in kitchen/small conservatory

Pictures please especially if you've managed to build your dogs any baby-free zones. And pictures in general of their favourite beds to inspire me!

Will also look on Pinterest

chough Wed 31-Aug-16 14:42:33

I like Orvis beds, but would be expensive if you're looking to buy several.

Bamaluz Wed 31-Aug-16 17:49:25

[[ www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/db-soft/3-peaks-blue-nevis-scalloped-dog-bed-medium?orderBy=1&fa=%7c%7cprice_GBP%253A%255B0%2b250%255D%7c%7cads_f12501_ntk_cs%253A%25223%2bPeaks%2522# This bed]] is comfy, wipe clean, and comes in lots of colours so you can match the decor in every room. And I think it's good value, especially if you're buying a few. I line it with a fleece blanket.

Houseconfusion Wed 31-Aug-16 17:51:03

Your link is broken and doesn't work sad

Bamaluz Wed 31-Aug-16 17:51:37

this bed

Hoping for a neater link!

Houseconfusion Wed 31-Aug-16 17:59:39

Ah nope sorry, never mind will look online!

Bamaluz Wed 31-Aug-16 18:00:49

Pets at Home, 3 Peaks bed.

Bamaluz Wed 31-Aug-16 18:03:02

DDog in his comfy new bed, if it works.

Madbengalmum Wed 31-Aug-16 18:07:07

I always find DDog prefers a duvet in half with a coordinating cover on. Easy to wash too, and she is too big for other dog beds and hasnt found anything else she likes.

WeAllHaveWings Wed 31-Aug-16 18:07:25

I've found with dog beds if you buy cheap you buy twice (or 4 times in our experience), we've now got an Orvis memory foam which is a year old and still looks like new. If budget isn't a problem I'd get an Orvis or two (or similar quality) for the most used rooms and then a couple of cheap beds for other rooms.

smallchair Wed 31-Aug-16 22:21:14

After spending hundreds of pounds on various dog beds for our 4 dogs, coolaroo raised beds have been the ones we've settled on (got them on amazon) the dogs love them, they are easy to clean and don't smell and you could easily put colour coordinating fabric on one with some Velcro or press studs

stonecircle Sat 03-Sep-16 18:04:30

Agree that you can spend a fortune on cheap dog beds. We now have 3 memory foam beds from pets at home - they come in different sizes and you can by plastic protectors to go under the cover.

After years of replacing dog beds I'd never buy anything else now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now