Talk

Advanced search

"They're fucking family pets"

(3 Posts)
GeneralBobbit Sun 28-Aug-16 16:09:21

I just had a horrible encounter with some arsehole when I phoned up about the puppies he had for sale. Totally standard questions about the parents and their health, if the puppies had been vet checked etc.

He got more and more irate saying things like the above along with 'who the hell knows that' and 'if they were fucking KC registered I'd be charging £900'. I asked about a specific disease that the breed has which would be indicated in the parents that they were clear and he just swore and said 'they're fucking fine' etc etc

I didn't actually disbelieve his answers, really did sound like it was just his family pet and his parents dog but his aggression was so off putting hmmshock

And then he hung up on me after I asked them

GeneralBobbit Sun 28-Aug-16 16:10:50

I mean who talks to random strangers like that after they've phoned up?!?

I send him a fairly pointed message after saying that he might do better if he responded politely to standard questions (and then blocked his number)

happyvalley4 Sun 28-Aug-16 16:15:09

He's obviously dodgy. They're either from a puppy farm or he's bred from his own dog without any consideration for the health of the puppies and he obviously resents sensible questions.

Reputable breeders would welcome these questions. In fact they would be wary about letting a puppy go to someone who doesn't ask these questions.

You did the right thing. Block & move on.

You've got to feel sorry for the puppies though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now