Talk

Advanced search

Puppy castration

(7 Posts)
operaha Thu 18-Aug-16 11:07:54

Our boy had his yesterday, poor love. We went straight out this morning and got him an inflatable collar thing to replace that awful plastic cone but it hasn't stopped the whining! Any ideas for comforting? The only thing that helps is lying next to him and stroking him until he falls asleep. He's my first boy so no idea how long until he feels a bit brighter, I think he hates me!

Jayne266 Thu 18-Aug-16 23:02:43

Maybe try a clean compress on his wound and don't walk him too far it might be a bit tight for now. If it looks red or swollen or produces a discharge phone your vets.

Jayne266 Thu 18-Aug-16 23:03:27

Forgot to say unless he has any complications he will be back to his normal delft in a day or two.

Catzpyjamas Thu 18-Aug-16 23:05:59

Did he get medication home with him?

operaha Fri 19-Aug-16 10:33:56

He's fine, just so clingy! Desperate to go out, I walked him half an hour this morning but he really didn't want to come home! The collar meant we all slept last night at least. He certainly seems to be on the mend, wound is clean, he just moans a lot... no he didn't come home with medication, I wondered about that. I don't think he's in pain though, just bored!

ChairRider4 Fri 19-Aug-16 10:42:58

My boy was whiney for 24/36 hours but perked up after

Catzpyjamas Fri 19-Aug-16 23:22:40

Sorry, been working all day. If he's still whiney in the morning, I'd give the vet a call just in case he's sore and needs some pain relief. Hope he's back to normal soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now