Talk

Advanced search

Living near kennels

(6 Posts)
TheOddity Wed 10-Aug-16 19:48:10

We have found the apartment of our dreams but there are two doggy catches.

One is that the owners' brother next door runs a kennels for his champion hunting dogs. They barked when we arrived at at various other points. I think they are pointers ( no dog expert though so may have forgotten).

Second is that downstairs in the communal garden is a two year old labrador. We have outside space of our own but it is terrace not grass.

I want to ask do you adapt to kennel barking when you live next door/in kennels accommodation, and also will the two year (very friendly and a wee bit playful nippy) be OK near children when supervised?

All experiences appreciated

Justmuddlingalong Wed 10-Aug-16 19:57:06

My ndn has 1 dog. 1 very small dog. 1 dog whose barking drives all the other neighbours round the bloody bend. It would be a total deal breaker for me.

TheOddity Wed 10-Aug-16 20:15:03

sad

Booboostwo Wed 10-Aug-16 21:21:08

Sounds like a nightmare! Why would you even consider this place? The dogs will set each other off and are likely to bark day and night, that in itself would be a deal breaker for me. I have dogs and young DCs but I would be weary of being tied into my DCs sharing space on a daily basis with someone else's dog. If there is anything in the dog's behaviour that gives you cause for concern your only option would be to keep DCs indoors.

Hoppinggreen Thu 11-Aug-16 10:52:21

I love dogs and have one myself but I still wouldn't want to live there

frostyfingers Thu 11-Aug-16 15:32:21

I have dogs and am generally quite tolerant but I wouldn't consider it I'm afraid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now