Talk

Advanced search

Vaccinations required for kennels

(7 Posts)
ScrumpyBetty Wed 06-Jul-16 10:54:20

Hi, just wondering what vaccinations dogs need to stay in Kennels? We are going to France on Sat for 2 weeks and our house/ pet sitter has let us down, so I have just booked ddog in to some local kennels, we were lucky to find directions one that had a space! It's quite short notice but I just had a sudden thought about what vaccines ddog would need? She was adopted from a rescue 4 months ago. Thanks!

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Wed 06-Jul-16 10:58:26

Just make sure she's up to date. Would think she'd need kennel cough one too.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Wed 06-Jul-16 10:59:08

Just the usual annual vacc's plus kennel cough, if the rescue is a decent one she should have already been vacc'd when you got her so she should just need kennel cough (unless the rescue gave her that too)

ScrumpyBetty Wed 06-Jul-16 11:04:59

Thanks, I've just checked with the rescue and she is up to date with all vaccines, I'll check with the kennels to see if they require the kennel cough vaccine as well. Thanks again

ExitPursuedByABear Wed 06-Jul-16 11:06:54

Some do and others don't want kennel cough. Mine had the vaccine and still caught kennel cough hmm

ruby1234 Wed 06-Jul-16 11:08:48

I think (but do check) that if you need the Kennel cough vaccine, it has to be given more than 3 weeks before the dog is due in the kennels.

Not all kennels require it though, mine doesn't.

moosemama Wed 06-Jul-16 11:15:19

Ours say up to date annual vaccinations plus kennel cough, all done at minimum of 2 weeks prior to the day they go into kennels.

I think mine requires the kennel cough vaccination because they also breed their own dogs on the same premises, so would want to protect pups via herd immunity. KC vaccination doesn't cover all strains, but I suppose they have to do what they can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now