Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Goodbye Darcey :-(

(40 Posts)
LimeJellyHead Mon 27-Jun-16 14:13:36

Our dear old Darcey was PTS this morning. I am feeling so very sad but know it was what was best for her. It's been an awful year so far as we only said goodbye to our other dog Berkeley in January. They both reached 16, so had lovely long lives. Trying to be comforted by that.

Sleep tight now, lovely girl.

Miss you already xxxx

Clg199 Mon 27-Jun-16 14:33:31

What a beautiful girl. So sorry for your loss. Her and Berkeley will be racing around with each other again, doing what they love best.

littlemissneela Mon 27-Jun-16 14:36:15

Aww sad news. I have a four year old cocker spaniel, and am dreading this day, so I can imagine just how you are feeling. I hope mine lives to such a grand age flowers
Run free over rainbow bridge, Darcey x

DustyBustle Mon 27-Jun-16 14:40:21

Oh you poor love, she is beautiful isn't she. It's always hard to say goodbye like this but you've done your best for her.

Have you got any other pics you'd like to share of her? What age did you have her from?

flowers

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Mon 27-Jun-16 14:41:19

Aww, so sorry. She had a good innings. flowers

plominoagain Mon 27-Jun-16 16:08:04

Oh bless her . So sorry X

LimeJellyHead Mon 27-Jun-16 16:08:39

Thank you everyone. She had quite an amazing life. She was found at the age of about 4, abandoned and carrying a litter of pups. She was taken into rescue and while all her babies got adopted, she didn't for 4 years... until we came along.

She was about 8-9 years old by then, put in the back, out of sight in the oldies pen, mammary tumours along both sides of her poor tummy. The vet said she won't live longer than a year. We said well we'll make it the best year she ever had and we took her home.

An amazing 7 years later and she passed away, an old girl, surrounded by love having had a wonderful life.

Here she is.... the first ever pic at our house on her first day in her new home and the last pic we took last week.

Miss you sweetheart.

LimeJellyHead Mon 27-Jun-16 16:19:54

One of my favourite pics star

justdontevenfuckingstart Mon 27-Jun-16 16:22:51

What a beautiful girl, sleep well. Best wishes to you, we all feel the heartache. You gave her the best xx

DustyBustle Mon 27-Jun-16 16:40:58

Awesome, just look what you did for her. Finally a lovely happy life with you, and a good long one at that. She was obviously meant for you and you for her. And she can rest in peace, and you can be comforted with the happy memories and the knowledge she had the best years with you.

DramaAlpaca Mon 27-Jun-16 16:43:28

She's absolutely gorgeous. So glad she got to have a happy life with you.

Sorry for your loss flowers

LimeJellyHead Mon 27-Jun-16 17:00:06

Thank you everyone, so very much. It is very kind and does help... to share how wonderful she was.

WaitrosePigeon Mon 27-Jun-16 18:04:51

Oh god I am so sorry. She's lovely. Gorgeous eyes. We PTS our boy just two weeks ago tomorrow and I'm still heartbroken.

I don't know what else to say but I feel your pain flowers

Floralnomad Mon 27-Jun-16 18:08:44

She was so beautiful , makes you wonder how she had been overlooked in the rescue for so long - it was obviously fate that you should have her . Sorry for your loss x

Sucksfake1 Mon 27-Jun-16 18:10:23

PTS is the last loving thing you do for them op flowers

So sorry for your loss

ArmchairActivist Mon 27-Jun-16 19:29:50

This brought a tear to my eye. She looks beautiful. I'm so sorry.

Bubble2bubble Mon 27-Jun-16 21:48:54

Ah no, too sad. What a gorgeous dog and what an amazing second chance she had.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 28-Jun-16 09:44:57

Oh Lime I'm so very sorry for your loss. Lots of unmumsnet hugs for you flowers

LimeJellyHead Tue 28-Jun-16 10:06:47

Thank you everyone, it means a lot. First morning without her. Hope you are sleeping well sweetheart. Miss you.

imonaplane Thu 30-Jun-16 09:52:05

She was a beautiful girl and enjoyed many happy years with you. So sorry for your loss. x

BeckywiththeGoodHare Thu 30-Jun-16 10:28:54

A tear to my eye too. You did a wonderful and kind thing, giving her a home when she'd been passed over so many times - your love gave her those extra years, and she must have adored her forever family. I don't think dogs ever truly leave us when they're so firmly lodged in our hearts.

pippinandtog Thu 30-Jun-16 10:33:19

You gave her a wonderful life, Lime.
Be sad that you've lost her but happy that you had her.

LimeJellyHead Thu 30-Jun-16 10:49:12

Yes, that's a wonderful way of looking at it. Thanks.

cankles Thu 30-Jun-16 19:50:15

she was lovely ljh x

LimeJellyHead Thu 30-Jun-16 20:23:07

Thank you, she was smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now