Can't wait for new puppyyyyyy!!!! Anyone else in waiting??

(38 Posts)
CalmItKermitt Mon 27-Jun-16 13:12:23

Sorry. Very excited blush

It'll be a while yet. Potential mum isn't due in season til the end of August and by the time pup comes along I'll have been waiting 2 years from a pup from this particular breeder but it's totally worth waiting for. Breeder messaged me today just to check I'm still interested - Hell yeah!!! :-D

It's not too early to start buying stuff is it?! :-D

Anyone else expecting?

Lordofmyflies Mon 27-Jun-16 21:36:39

Our little boy arrives in 6 weeks. He's a Boston Terrier that we've been waiting for since Jan. I think everything is ready for his arrival - DC are super excited! He opened his eyes today ❤️.

pud1 Mon 27-Jun-16 21:38:31

We are getting our boxer pup on the 7th July. I am so excited. Still need to get bed, crate and lots of toys. Any puppy toy recommendations would be welcome

ImBrian Mon 27-Jun-16 21:49:01

I'm collecting mine on Thursday, a papillion girl. I need to get organised!

CalmItKermitt Mon 27-Jun-16 21:54:23

Ooh need photos all of you!!

pud1 Mon 27-Jun-16 22:17:53

This is the latest one

CalmItKermitt Mon 27-Jun-16 23:28:06

Omg gorgeous! Boxers are fab! Name??

ElenaSummer Tue 28-Jun-16 08:07:38

I also get my new puppy on Thursday! I am going between really excited to terrified .
I am bringing her home early in the morning so we have the day to get used to the house etc before bed time.
Any tips anyone can share for the first few days smile

CalmItKermitt Tue 28-Jun-16 08:35:12

Ooh what breed Elena?

Advice - brace yourself lol!

Have you had a pup before?

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 28-Jun-16 09:42:28

Yes, I'm waiting to find out if mum is pregnant! It was a natural tie so it's currently a waiting game. I really like the breeder, we have very similar views so I'd love it if she was. If not I'll possibly be waiting for another 12-24 months!

ElenaSummer Tue 28-Jun-16 09:47:55

She is a german shorthaired pointer.

We have everything set up toys, bedding, food, bowls, 2 crates , one in our bedroom and one in kitchen so she has space from the kids and if she doesnt settle at night she can be in our room.

No puppy before but kittens and rescue older dogs. I have spent ages researching the best food to use, and what insurance company to go with although I am still to decide which to go with.

Calm it def isnt too early to start buying things, a little at a time spreads the cost smile

TheWildRumpyPumpus Tue 28-Jun-16 11:27:04

Our golden retriever pup comes home on 20th July!

I have a huge wishlist on Amazon of things to buy but haven't taken the plunge yet. Eeek!

NeedACleverNN Tue 28-Jun-16 11:28:57

Sounds exciting.

We would love to have a dog but it's just too much hassle at the moment with little ones. Like being able to go out and no my worry about doggy. We have a cat though so i suppose it works

scotchbunny Tue 28-Jun-16 11:30:04

We pick up our pup end of July, can't wait!!
I need to buy everything!!!

pud1 Tue 28-Jun-16 13:21:14

sorry i forgot to tell you the name. after much family debate w have called him Stan although me and oh wanted to call him Allan but dds wouldnt let us

CalmItKermitt Tue 28-Jun-16 13:21:41

Bernard - what breed?
Waiting is agony but so worth it if you like the breeder!

Rumpy and Scotch - OMG cuteness!!

ImBrian Tue 28-Jun-16 19:27:09

Here's mine, this was a couple of weeks ago so she's fluffed out a bit more now. I keep panicking that having two will be a complete nightmare!

OhHolyFuck Tue 28-Jun-16 19:30:48

Mine came home a few days ago

WaitrosePigeon Tue 28-Jun-16 19:50:40

Yes, we are picking up tomorrow!

TheWildRumpyPumpus Tue 28-Jun-16 20:41:22

Too many cute dogs here!

What have you all bought in preparation?

ElenaSummer Tue 28-Jun-16 20:43:39

OhHolyFuck is your username puppy related?

How have the first few days been?

ImBrian Tue 28-Jun-16 21:26:39

They're all lovely grin
I've got nothing!!! I'm planning on putting a stair gate across my utility room so I can seperate pup from my older dog and I need to get a crate but most things I have from when my dog was a puppy.

I need a name as well, if I wait till I get her the kids will want to call her princess foofoo and I'll get nagged to death. So a nice girls name, maybe something French?

Raahh Tue 28-Jun-16 21:39:57

ImBrian- she's gorgeous.

French girls names that work on dogs? What about Lulu? Gigi? Fifi? (bit of a theme going, but good for recall, apparently). Not too embarrassing to shout across the park. grin

ImBrian Tue 28-Jun-16 21:48:32

I always wanted a poodle called Fifi as a child. My sister says Ruby or poppy.

ImBrian Tue 28-Jun-16 22:14:00

I just realised I have bought something. A big box of biological washing powder to use on any accidents. She'll also have a indigo tag ordered as soon as I see what size collar she needs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now