Talk

Advanced search

Dogs suddenly trying to mount ddog

(4 Posts)
JustBeingJuliet Mon 20-Jun-16 17:46:57

I'm going to take her to the vets to get her checked out this week anyway, as she's grumpier than normal and seems to have suddenly lost some weight, but isn't off her food, which is odd. I've also noticed this last couple of weeks that male dogs, neutered and entire, are all very interested in her back end and even one of her best friends who sees her most days has been going mad trying to hump her. She's 8yo and was neutered about 4 years ago. She's also been humping other dogs this last day or two and I'm just wondering what's going on! Any ideas what this could be? Like I say, we're at the vets this week anyway, so I'll get her checked out but I'm curious what could cause this.

georgedawes Mon 20-Jun-16 17:48:20

I've heard other people say it can be a sign of an infection.

Wyldfyre Mon 20-Jun-16 18:55:11

If in doubt, vet it out.
If it's happening with dogs she's previously had no problems with then I'm guessing something could be making her smell like she's in season?

One thing it definitely isn't (and I'm just preempting here, cos it will no doubt be mentioned) is the other dogs trying to "dominate" your Ddog

JustBeingJuliet Mon 20-Jun-16 22:38:33

I'd like to see a dog try to dominate her; she's the bolshiest, grumpiest bugger in the village grin She's dealing with all the unwanted attention by baring her teeth and sitting on them at the minute! I'm going to ring the vets and see if they can bring our appointment forward a bit as we're booked in for Friday, but she's just not herself and I want to get to the bottom of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now