Talk

Advanced search

Cavachons puppy coat?

(5 Posts)
TyrionLannistersShadow Tue 14-Jun-16 11:22:26

I have a gorgeous cavachon who is 6mths old today and I am just wondering about her coat if anyone has any ideas? I groom her most days but for the past month or so I have noticed she has a large fuzzy patch on her back whereas the rest of her hair is lovely and silky. It's definitely a fuzzy patch not matted. She doesn't seem to be shedding her puppy coat yet, very little comes off when I groom her. Does anyone know if that fuzzy area is likely to fall out and become like the rest of her coat or should I get it clipped bit shorter maybe? We've never had a long haired dog before, it's always been short haired , easy to groom breeds! Thanks

DogsMightFly Tue 14-Jun-16 11:27:06

Do you use a spot flea treatment, such as Advocate?

Mine had a coarser area of fur around where we applied Advocate. Since I switched her to a tablet flea/tick treatment (for other reasons; not because of her fur), I've noticed her fur in that area has got softer and is now like the rest of her fur.

Floralnomad Tue 14-Jun-16 12:24:49

Id take her to a reputable groomer and ask their advice - note reputable !

TyrionLannistersShadow Tue 14-Jun-16 17:08:30

No its not anywhere near where I apply the flea treatment so I don't think it's that?
I would love to get her groomed properly but it's so expensive, 40 euro is the cheapest I've been quoted and I just don't have that to spare right now unfortunately!

insan1tyscartching Tue 14-Jun-16 18:19:06

Eric's a poodle shih tzu cross and is clipped every six weeks because he's a muck magnet but towards the end of the six weeks whilst he has a poodle coat every where there is a small patch on his back that grows straight and looks fuzzy in comparison to his poodle curls. Pretty sure that straight patch is down to his mum being a shih tzu tbh. Could that be the reason for yours too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now